Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > Using Rewards Points

Date: 04/19/18 18:17
Using Rewards Points
Author: steamloco

I was wondering if anyone uses their Amtrak Rewards Points other than train travel without getting ripped off and losing too much of their value. I have lost interest in riding Amtrak but have a lot of points built up and wanted to take advantage of them.

Date: 04/19/18 19:12
Re: Using Rewards Points
Author: eliyahu

same here. i have had such terrible long-distance trips on amtrak over the past year that, combined with the direction the company is taking under anderson, i'm finally giving up train travel. i've had tons of guest rewards points, and the best deal i found was transferring them to hilton honors points. if you already have an account with hilton, i'd recommend that as your best bet.

-- eliyahu

Date: 04/20/18 03:34
Author: steamloco

I do have Rewards with Hilton, that sounds like the best choice for me also. My train trips with Amtrak are over, my last trip took 6 hours from Atlanta to Birmingham, about 150 miles with a crew who didn’t want to be there. Returning trip was 7 hours late, frankly I don’t see how Amtrak has lasted this long. Big waste of my tax dollars but I guess that’s just a normal thing for Washington. They are supposedly working for us but that’s a joke just like Amtrak is suppose to be a service for us but if that’s the best they can do,forget it, I’ll drive. I think Amtrak will lose its base support and that will be the end of it and that’s the final objective they want anyway. I will miss Amtrak but maybe this will help some tourists railroads out,I gotta ride a train once in a while.

Date: 04/20/18 08:16
Author: railcity

Amtrak sent me an E-mail too Buy Rewards points should I buy rewards points??

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds