Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Passenger Trains > Sacramento Heritage Morning

Date: 04/25/18 08:29
Sacramento Heritage Morning
Author: btheaker

Amtrak 130 sitting on Track 4W at Sacramento on April 24 was a nice start to the day. A little more light would have been nice, but I needed to be on 525, which was not going to wait for the sun to get up for me...

Date: 04/25/18 09:06
Re: Sacramento Heritage Morning
Author: reindeerflame

Thank you for your patronage.

Date: 04/25/18 09:57
Author: btheaker

You're welcome. The mere fact that I am posting on this web site tells you that I already like trains, and probably don't need another reason to ride the Capitol Corridor between Sacramento and the Bay Area. If I - or any other person - needed any other reasons - avoiding the hot mess that is I-80 and not having to take a car into the City would be all the reasons a sane person would need to take the train. 525 was very full yesterday morning, so I think a lot of other folks must think the same way.

I'm already booked to go to Chicago on 6 in June - I hope to get a few more rides on the Capitol Corridor in between now and then.

Date: 04/25/18 12:11
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Thanks for the great photo of the 130. She really looks great in her Phase II paint scheme. (A much better one than the present one, IMO.)

And thanks for riding Amtrak. Yes, it is an easy decision to make to decide to take the train instead of -- ugh! -- driving.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.058 seconds