Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Passenger Trains > Summer schedules for 63, 69, and LSL from GCT

Date: 05/09/18 17:00
Summer schedules for 63, 69, and LSL from GCT
Author: joemvcnj

I looked it up on the Amtrak website (no pdf schedules available yet)

Maple Leaf will depart GCT at 640am
Adirondack will depart GCT at 734am

For the Lake Shore, they will not run a dedicated shuttle to Albany. So:

Mon - Thu, depart at 215pm on the Ethan Allen, arrive Albany at 441p, 49 departs at 705pm
Fri, depart at 215pm, though it is an Albany train, not the Ethan Allen (probably no snack car)
Sat & Sun depart at 310pm on the Ethan Allen

When 215p, the following train is at 438pm, and timed to arrive Albany 5 minutes after 49 leaves, so forget that.
All trains running past Albany from GCT are direct.

It is bound to hurt Saratoga & Rutland business with LSL passengers squeezing out space to Albany, unless they lengthen the consist.
Verrmont-DOT should be concerned.

I don't think it's worth the time to go from NYP to Springfield, MA instead. You would take the Vermonter at 1130am or 1133am, arrive Springfield at 255pm. 449 departs at 353p. That is 58 minutes and I don't know if they would guarantee it, being that it is under 60 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/18 10:07 by joemvcnj.

Date: 05/09/18 20:23
Re: Summer schedules for 63, 69, and LSL from GCT
Author: Lackawanna484

A three hour wait in Albany / Renssalaer sounds awful. If they;re going to work over the whole schedule, that would be worth tightening.

Date: 05/10/18 07:40
Author: march_hare

Early departures from NYC have been a disaster in the past. I think ridership on the Maple Leaf will crash, and crash quickly.

That said, for me personally, it's a great move. I often have to overnight in NYC and want to get the earliest possible train out.

Date: 05/10/18 18:01
Author: mundo

Pity the poor passenger who does not know to ask for Grand Central Station New York to Chicago, but askes for Penn Station.

Getting info is not friendly, nevermind the long lay over at Albany.

But it shows two items:

The previous staffing that would put out some info on the subject are now gone....and two Amtrak does not realize that passengers do ride trains and need the proper info to do so.

Just means more lost revenue, to show that the trains are not needed.

Date: 05/10/18 20:23
Author: GenePoon

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The previous staffing that would put out some info
> on the subject are now gone....

======================================

...The key person is now physically gone from Washington, too, to the West Coast.

And he did NOT go by train...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0579 seconds