Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Passenger Trains > Nice ride on #3

Date: 06/23/18 13:28
Nice ride on #3
Author: lowerberth

Rode Chicago to Flagstaff last week and was best ride on Amtrak in a long while. Only 30-minutes late and great dispatching. Train was clean (windows still get a wash at ABQ), crew attentive. Particularly interesting was how much better the quality of food was than recent trip on Capitol. Chief has a slightly more expansive menu, but much better prepared. Green beans were crisp! Every
meal was quite good; Capitol I found just eatable. It was an LA-based crew. And they offered over the PA a great option for coach passengers to pre-order a $12 salisbury steak for dinner or $10 grilled chicken sandwich for lunch which would be delivered to your seat by the coach attendant at 5pm and noon respectively.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/23/18 13:41
Re: Nice ride on #3
Author: mt-king

I had the same experiece on 3 and 4 Raton to LA and back in the last 2 weeks.  On way out I had meals with 2 sets of folks who had been on Lake Shore.  4 of 5 did not like box lunch at all. One said the steak salad was OK.  They said the 1st class passengers had to stand in a line while the one attendent passed each one a box. The new diner had bare tables and nothing more.
Wonder what the enhanced meal options will be on the new improved 12 hr. Dodge City-Albuquerque luxury Chief Bus?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds