Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Reservations Site Issues

Date: 09/05/18 00:23
Amtrak Reservations Site Issues
Author: Amtrak784

Looking to book a train trip but having issues with Amtrak website, anyone else having issues trying to either sign-in or book reservations online?  Checked browser & flash player updates already.

Date: 09/05/18 00:25
Re: Amtrak Reservations Site Issues
Author: dan

may just be down for a few try it in a few hours

Date: 09/05/18 03:30
Author: sums007

I've had issues off and on for the last week.

Date: 09/05/18 04:23
Author: BRAtkinson

Sometimes closing all instances of your browser and/or rebooting your computer can fix the problem. 

Left over cookies and other 'clutter' that gets created while online don't always get cleared out when you leave a website.  Keeping a tab open to Amtrak.com on your cellphone also leaves the clutter, too.  The result is 'strange things' happening, and Amtrak is top of the list in my book for 'strange things'.  Once I've picked my dates with Amsnag, then 'playing' with booking a trip to find the best prices, etc (sometimes the senior discount helps, other times not,etc), when I 'go back' to a train I've already looked at, I may get a higher or lower price than before.  I wish I could 'nail it down' and always get the lower price!

As for getting unusual messages from Amtrak while booking such as 'an error occurred...', that's usually a problem at Amtrak.com, but it could be from using the 'back' arrow sometimes, as well.  I've had those errors, too.  Sometimes closing your browser or the Amtrak App will solve the problem.

Date: 09/05/18 08:19
Author: joemvcnj

For me, it has never worked well on Window 7 (64 bit). Buttons are sometimes unresponsive. 

Date: 09/05/18 12:53
Author: PHall

Works fine for me on Windows10 (64 bit). The mobile app on my iPhone works okay too.

Date: 09/06/18 22:55
Author: arrow611

I had problems trying to access Amtrak.com using Safari. Tried Google Chrome with no problems. Trying to access it directly from Safari I kept getting a message that the site was down for maintenance. Couldn't get there through Amtrak Guest Rewards either. Must have some aversion to Macs.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds