Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Passenger Trains > Excursion to Urbana, OH this past Saturday

Date: 10/08/18 06:32
Excursion to Urbana, OH this past Saturday
Author: BaltimoreOhio

Ohio Rail Experience ran an excursion from Washington Court House to Urbana this past Saturday.  Talk about a fallen flags all-star game-  Trackage included the former DT&I, Big Four, Pennsylvania, and I believe a little of the former Erie.  The locomotives were the recently re-painted C&O 5704 on one end, and Nickel Plate 901 (re-painted a few years back) on the other.  Passenger cars included former Milwaukee Road (paint only, the car is actually former L&N), US Army, and the Lackawanna, among others.  Pic #1 shows the train arriving into its layover destination of Urbana.  This is the former PRR mainline from Columbus to Chicago via Bradford and Logansport (most of which was abandoned in the 1980s).  Telephone pole notwithstanding,  I think Pic #2 is neat because of the car that was stopped (I'm not good with old cars but perhaps someone here can tell what that is) at the crossing.  Pic #3 shows a beter view of 5704 crossing U.S. 36.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/18 08:09 by BaltimoreOhio.

Date: 10/08/18 06:35
Re: Excursion to Urbana, OH this past Saturday
Author: BaltimoreOhio

Pic #4 shows the train stopped at the former PRR depot, now a fantastic coffee house.  Pic #5 shows a close up of 5704 in front of an elevator.  The leaves haven't quite turned yet but what an absolutely beautful day for an excursion.  Thanks for looking!

Date: 10/08/18 07:40
Author: ClubCar

The automobile looks to be a General Motors Car, perhaps a 1938 or 39 Buick?  Not sure.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 10/08/18 09:38
Author: richs

Great images from a seldom to never seen area.  Thanks.
Rich S

Date: 10/08/18 10:52
Author: krm152

Really extra nice photo series.
Thanks for posting.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds