Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Passenger Trains > PPP to add 4 trains to Metra Milwaukee North Line

Date: 10/10/18 21:05
PPP to add 4 trains to Metra Milwaukee North Line
Author: illini73

A public-private partnership agreement approved by the Metra Board yesterday will add four trains to the current Metra-Milwaukee District North Line schedule in January.  The additional trains, tentatively numbered 2191, 2, 3 and 4 will improve reverse-commute service between Chicago and Lake Forest during a two-year demonstration project.  If successful, permanent improvements in the form of a double crossover will be added at Lake Forest to facilitate operations.  The Metra press release is here:

PPP to test Lake County (IL) reverse commute service

Schedules of the four proposed trains:
2191 - Dp. Chicago 0535 Arr. Lake Forest 0625
2192 - Dp. Lake Forest 0748 Arr. Chicago 0840
2193 - Dp. Chicago 1520 Arr. Lake Forest 1614 
2194 - Dp. Lake Forest 1730 Arr. Chicago 1822

Various other trains will have their schedules slightly adjusted; the complete timetable (new and modified schedules shown in red) is here:

Metra Milwaukee North proposed schedule

Date: 10/11/18 06:59
Re: PPP to add 4 trains to Metra Milwaukee North Line
Author: joemvcnj

No sugar daddy around put back the weekend trains they took off. 

Date: 10/11/18 08:22
Author: Englewood

Are the reverse commute trains made up of equipment that previously ran as deadhead equipment to make up a rush hour train?
If not, what does the equipment do after the new reverse commute runs?

Date: 10/11/18 09:54
Author: inCHI

All I can say is that reverse commute trains seem pretty busy on any line and I've always wished they could have more service designed for it, particular some more express service. I was on a 7:30am reverse UP-N train this morning and they had every car open and filled. I used to do it regularly as well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds