Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Passenger Trains > Recent EB Trip

Date: 10/15/18 17:17
Recent EB Trip
Author: andersonb109

Excellent trip on No. 7 of Oct. 12. Near on time with excellent BN dispatching among heavy traffic. CN please note. Food good. Crew worried about their jobs. The "LSA" even referred to himself as the Steward, tie and all, and ran a very efficient diner. Why can't all Amtrak diners be run this way? I had originally booked a Roomette 5  months ago for just over $400. The day before departure 4 bedrooms were priced at $1,900! But morning of departure I scored one for just an additional $91. Quite the bargain and good for Amtrak getting at least something for the room at the last minute. One side note. Train from Dearborn had the same crabby cafe attendant who I reported in a few weeks ago...eating pizza while serving. No pizza thus time but still no "thank you" or "you're welcome" to purchasers. Thus time Amtrak Michigan track was fine. So it must gave been something wrong with the biz class car last time to provide such a rough ride as the track was the same. After Petes charter, trip home will be a short 4 hrs on Delta Dick's former employer. 

Date: 10/15/18 17:50
Re: Recent EB Trip
Author: inCHI

I've ridden the Michigan line a couple times per year for years and ever since the rebuild the track has been great. The cars are the issue...

Posted from Android

Date: 10/16/18 14:13
Author: czephyr17

Thanks for the report. Nice to see good reports about the Empire Builder in two posts in a row!

Date: 10/16/18 14:50
Author: Lackawanna484

Good example of yield management, better to get $491 than zero, but dropping from $1900 to $491 is pretty abrupt.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/16/18 14:50
Author: palmland

Good to hear a positive report. But I’m curious. Why would the LSA announce himself as a steward, a term not in use for many years and even dress up a bit by wearing a tie. Was this his own initiative or is Amtrak trying to upgrade dining service on the trains that still offer full service? It would be easy to do. It just requires a formal program, training, and follow up through supervision. But I guess that’s too much to hope given Amtrak’s management. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds