Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Passenger Trains > Writing a Letter to Amtrak

Date: 11/20/18 10:57
Writing a Letter to Amtrak
Author: 611Fan

Dear Amtrak  I am extremely worried about Amtrak’s Future . I am worried about Amtrak converting six Viewliner two Dining Cars Built by CAF into Amtrak Viewliner two Lounge Cars . I think that is wasteful spending to remove the kitchen equipment that CAF put in . Without food on such long passenger train trips , people will get hungry & want to step off and NOT ride Amtrak . I get that food is Very Expensive to make . But passengers should not have to pay 13 dollars for a hamburger or should have better beef such as Grass-fed beef or organic Beef . If customers knew that there where getting less processed meats they would Probably be okay paying more .  Sincerly Jake

I will let you know if I get a Response . 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/18 11:01 by 611Fan.

Date: 11/20/18 11:12
Re: Writing a Letter to Amtrak
Author: joemvcnj

Better use of you time is to send to Congress. Anderson is not interested in customers, and answers to a complicit Board.

Date: 11/20/18 11:38
Author: Flyer92122

I sent one to the Board earlier in the year and posted the response here. The cancer is embedded deep in Amtrak now,  these people are willing to skew facts and lie for their agenda. Email and call your three Congress people as often as you can.

Date: 11/20/18 11:59
Author: ClubCar

Flyer92122 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sent one to the Board earlier in the year and
> posted the response here. The cancer is embedded
> deep in Amtrak now,  these people are willing to
> skew facts and lie for their agenda. Email and
> call your three Congress people as often as you
> can.
Amen.  Do it NOW!  Again I say this Zipper Bag Propeller Head and his cronies have got to go.  Remember to be factual when writing letters and do NOT call Mr. Anderson any names like we all do here on TrainOrders.  Keep those letters brief and to the point.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 11/20/18 12:08
Author: santafe199

Flyer92122 Wrote: > ...these people are willing to skew facts and lie for their agenda ...

No big deal. That's standard leadership practice these days isn't it?

Posted from Android

Date: 11/20/18 12:45

That’s where RPA  ( and us) better be up to the challenge. Amtrak will show up in front of the new Congress with these “skewed” facts asking to discontinue the trains due to poor financials. We need to make sure a spade is called a spade.

santafe199 Wrote:
> Flyer92122 Wrote: > ...these people are willing to
> skew facts and lie for their agenda ...
>
> No big deal. That's standard leadership practice
> these days isn't it?
>
> Posted from Android

Date: 11/20/18 15:02
Author: ProAmtrak

santafe199 Wrote:
> Flyer92122 Wrote: > ...these people are willing to
> skew facts and lie for their agenda ...
>
> No big deal. That's standard leadership practice
> these days isn't it?
>
> Posted from Android

So true, and these leaders are too blind to wojnder why they're very unpopular to most people who work their butts off and all that comes with it!

Date: 11/20/18 18:00
Author: SANSR

"Author: santafe199 Flyer92122 Wrote: > ...these people are willing to skew facts and lie for their agenda ...

No big deal. That's standard leadership practice these days isn't it?"

Date: 11/20/18 19:08
Author: ColdRainAndSnow

SANSR Wrote:
> Caution:  Your partisanship slip is
> showing............................

..............."Partisanship slip?"......Please define.

Date: 11/21/18 06:23
Author: joemvcnj

I can't figure out which side of the aisle Anderson is on, but it doesn't matter. 3 R's and 3 D's took him on over the SW Chief, he is pissing off delegations in several Red states with agency closures, and there is the Toys for Tots disgrace, in which he also pissed off the Marine Corp.

Date: 11/21/18 07:01

I’d have to go with he’s on the side of Mulveney and Trump hands down. He’s instituting their agenda 100 percent and infuriating anyone who doesn’t agree with him even if they have a legitimate plan or solution.

Date: 11/21/18 15:22
Author: dsrc512

For those advocating writing a letter to a member of Congress, be aware there is a considerable lag of four weeks or more before the recipient's staffer has it in their hands.  Why?, you ask.  All mail is now screened and tested for hazardous material since the anthrax contaminated mail of several years ago.

It is recommended that you e-mail your concerns.  If you must mail something, you might try a postcard which has the additional advantage of brevity.

How do I know this?  I wrote one of my Senators and a helpful staffer explained the delay in a response.

Alex Huff    

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/18 15:23 by dsrc512.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0693 seconds