Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Passenger Trains > Southbound to Williams

Date: 12/08/18 12:12
Southbound to Williams
Author: rbenko

On December 1st, brother and fellow TOer stevelv and I rode the Grand Canyon Railway to and from the canyon.  Great ride as always, especially from the full-length dome and the open-end obs.  This was part of a "quick" Arizona weekend - he posted our efforts on December 2nd a few days ago here:  Its hard to beat a Sunday of Sun and Snow

Just wanted to share a snap I took from the open-end obs "Chief" on our way back to Williams.  Weather was cold and mostly cloudy on the way back, but the sun popped out for a bit as we rounded a curve about 10 miles from Williams - made for a nice scene.

Rob Benkovitz
New York, NY 

Date: 12/08/18 12:20
Re: Southbound to Williams
Author: andersonb109

I hope Delta Dick doesn't know a railroad is allowing passengers on an open platform while the train is moving. The horror. Hope no one was injured. 

Date: 12/08/18 12:37
Author: curt416

Great shot !  Makes me want to get aboard the Southwest Chief, and head for Arizona.

Date: 12/08/18 12:47
Author: mp51w

Nice looking train, with several classes of service, using some classic rail passenger cars.

Date: 12/08/18 14:07
Author: stevelv

Looks great DB.   Awesome ride.

Date: 12/08/18 16:16
Author: ATSF3751

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope Delta Dick doesn't know a railroad is
> allowing passengers on an open platform while the
> train is moving. The horror. Hope no one was
> injured. 
You're back! Thought we had settled this one....."Delta Dick" could care less. Not Amtrak's or his personal liability. What's with you and "Delta Dick"?
As far as he is probably concerned, Grand Canyon Ry could chain passengers to the roofs and it would go unnoticed by Dick. 

Date: 12/08/18 17:30
Author: bobk

Fantastic shot!

Date: 12/08/18 19:24
Author: Alco251

Best looking passenger train in America.

Date: 12/08/18 23:44
Author: RRBMail

Well the last time I looked VIA's Canadian was the best looking--and real train--in America. But is still a great old-timey shot!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds