Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Passenger Trains > What happened to the Crescent?

Date: 01/24/19 05:20
What happened to the Crescent?
Author: twropr

#20 lost about five hours from Atlanta to Gainesville, GA
Thanks!
Andy

Date: 01/24/19 05:27
Re: What happened to the Crescent?
Author: MattW

There was heavy rain with flooding and downed trees throughout the Atlanta area last night. Probably related.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/24/19 06:26
Author: ronald321

Y-T-D, (2 months of 2019), the Crescent has an on-time record of 18%

"always a reason" some fans tell me.   Well, it would take a lot of "reasons" to overcome a horrendous OT record like this.

Date: 01/24/19 06:37
Author: Amtrak-P42

Are you aware the crescent has been on time more than 4 days out of 7 the last 3 weeks? No, of course not. The yearly truncation of the Cresent between ATL and NOL mean 19/20 stay off the AGS south and their on time preformance has been incredibly improved the 3 weeks or so. Last night, terrible weather delayed the train north of Atlanta causing a 5 hour delay. Nothing to do with NS traffic, and if you cared to look, nothing like the last month. 

Date: 01/24/19 07:18
Author: bh35226

Actually, the delay had nothing to do with the weather. The train had engine failure, added NS engine and it failed also. Finally, went north with just one engine. I'm sure someone else can give more details.

Date: 01/24/19 07:20
Author: ronald321

If the Crescent is improving the last 3 weeks--this is wonderful.  Lets hope it continues.

I can only report the figures Amtrak reports--admittedly, they are 3 months behind.

While you report the train is improving--I can point to toady's 5 hour late train and say it's not improving.
I refuse to play the "dueling numbers" game--I rely strictly on officially published numbers.

Date: 01/24/19 07:21
Author: 4552

Also delayed leaving Atlanta for freight interference.

Date: 01/24/19 07:30
Author: Peak45068

Apart from the weeks 19/20 have been truncated in the ATL, the overall performance of these services have been pathetic. I’ve just booked a 15 day trip round the US and instead of taking 20 to NYP for the Lake Shore forward, I’ve decided on the Capital to Chicago instead although it may miss that service as well!!
We did think the house was going to float down the road last night in Atlanta with the heavy rain however.
I flew to Detroit this morning and am now waiting train 353 to play on the ‘high speed’ track in freezing Michigan.

Englishman in America.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/24/19 07:50
Author: NKP715

From posts, there were a number of factors

What were specifics on the freight train
impact(s)?  

4552 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also delayed leaving Atlanta for freight
> interference.

Date: 01/24/19 08:41
Author: SteveThorpe

At least the detained passengers have real food in a real dining car....It assuages the pain of tardiness to some degree!

Steve

Date: 01/24/19 09:49
Author: reindeerflame

SteveThorpe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At least the detained passengers have real food in
> a real dining car....It assuages the pain of
> tardiness to some degree!
>
> Steve

Sure, but it would probably make more sense to get a nice meal at a restaurant and skip the train.

Date: 01/24/19 11:29
Author: joemvcnj

reindeerflame Wrote:

> Sure, but it would probably make more sense to get
> a nice meal at a restaurant and skip the train.

For dinner, and what about breakfast the next morning,a ssuming a night on the train ? 

Date: 01/24/19 16:00
Author: CameronConnection

The failed Amtrak engine is still sitting a bit north of the station.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0559 seconds