Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Passenger Trains > Today's 22Texas Eagle

Date: 02/02/19 07:07
Today's 22Texas Eagle
Author: Electroliner

As of 9:00 this morning #22 out of SAT not showing on the Tracker, and Status shows Srvice Disruption.  My son is waiting for it in Austin.  Anyone know what happened?

Late news:  Stationmaster at AUS said passengers will be bussed to FTW, catch 22 there to continue journey.  Wonder if 21 never made it past FTW yesterday?

Date: 02/02/19 07:21
Re: Today's 22Texas Eagle

#21 was 10.5 hours late out of CHI yesterday, all departures were late that much or more.  Track and switch issues at CUS?

Will turn 21 at FTW this afternoon to become 22.  Continuing psgrs will be bused to stations south of FTW.  Buses picking up NB 22 psgrs on existing 22 schedule.  I told my son, going to Longview, about the Subway at FTW!  Hope it is still there.

Date: 02/02/19 09:11
Author: SAAP

>...  I told my son, going to Longview,
> about the Subway at FTW!  Hope it is still there.
>
If you mean the Subway sandwich shop at the ITC station, yep - it's still there. If you mean the Tandy Center Subway, it's been gone for 16 years but a beautifully-restored Leonard's M&O car on display at 300 Throckmorton St. 

Date: 02/02/19 13:29

The one in the station.  As it turns out, the bus made it to the FTW staton about a half hour ago, but the psgrs were taken directly to trainside, no station visit.  Hopefully the Cafe wil be open upon departure, which is imminent.

FYI, for anyone interested, the bus made a pit stop/snack stop at Buc-Ee's truck stop in Taylor, TX.  Somebody out there must be interested in that!  Buc-Ee's is legendary in Texas.

Breaking news, 22 is on its way, but still not on the Tracker.

Date: 02/02/19 16:58
Author: czephyr17

Yes, nothing like Buc-ee's!  Best bathrooms and food you will ever find in any gas station convenience store!

Hope your trip goes well from here on.  Thanks for the trip report.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0513 seconds