Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Passenger Trains > Empire Builder detour

Date: 02/07/19 22:18
Empire Builder detour
Author: GenePoon

Empire Builder Train 8(26) is detouring Minot-Fargo, missing stops at Rugby, Devils Lake and 
Grand Forks.   This was done late last month due to directional running imposed by BNSF
during a blizzard...eastbound trains on this route, westbound via Devils Lake.

Havre was c-c-c-cold Thursday morning...around -40F/-40C

Date: 02/07/19 23:18
Re: Empire Builder detour
Author: dendroica

What's up with #7(7)?  Very late out of the gate and rapidly losing time across Wisconsin.

By and large I've been impressed with the on-time performance of the Builder in the last weeks through extreme cold and snowstorms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/19 23:19 by dendroica.

Date: 02/08/19 08:14
Author: BigSkyBlue

What route did #8 take through Fargo?
KO Sub and Coal connection to depot?
Prosper Sub?
KO Sub and back in from Moorhead Jct?
Probably the latter but mileage collectors want to know. BSB

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/08/19 10:16
Author: dan

7 is now detouring

Date: 02/08/19 10:48
Author: lwbaxter

When I rode the deture a few years ago, the westbound train ran via the coal connection and Casselton.

Date: 02/08/19 11:11

Facebook EB page reporting a BNSF freight stuck in drifted snow near Grand Forks.

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 7 is now detouring

Date: 02/08/19 13:15
Off the Charts
Author: 79mph

Seeing the track-a-train map moving across no mans land with detours off the beaten path is always fun.
Reminds me of a new highway relocation that is not updated and reflected on the GPS mapping screen.
You are going along there just fine and all of a sudden the little icon starts moving across a farm field.
#8's tracking got turned off for the middle of the detour...let's see how #7's does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/19 13:17 by 79mph.

Date: 02/08/19 13:58
Re: Off the Charts
Author: viatrainrider

Now 7 and 8 both showing service disrupted.  Very cold out in that area.  Anyone know what is happening?

Date: 02/08/19 15:43

I think that's just because of the detour, i.e. disruption of normal service.  Guessing #8 will take the detour too.

Not sure if the #7 crew into Minot will be running #8, but if so they could be waiting 2-4 hours on crew rest.

Date: 02/08/19 23:23
Author: ProAmtrak

Don't let Airline Boy hear this, he might do another cancellation!

Posted from Android

Date: 02/09/19 08:22
Author: aehouse

That detour is via the normally freight-only Surrey Cutoff.  Got that mileage on a similar #7 detour some years back.

Art House

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds