Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Passenger Trains > Activity at the ARTIC

Date: 02/12/19 00:25
Activity at the ARTIC
Author: MP184

At 6:46am on 2/11/2019 Amtrak Train 562 southbound Pacific Surfliner led by 459, one of the remaining F59PHI locomotives, seen stopping at the ARTIC.
10 minutes later northbound Metrolink 605 arrived with F125 915

Date: 02/12/19 01:26
Re: Activity at the ARTIC
Author: DavidP

For those not from Southern California, that’s the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center.

Dave

Date: 02/12/19 02:54
Author: KimHeusel

DavidP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For those not from Southern California, that’s
> the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal
> Center.
>
> Dave

Thank you

Kim Heusel

Date: 02/12/19 06:06
Author: dcnbuchholz

It was my pleasure to visit the ARTIC this past January.  Started out Kansas City to Fullerton (SWC), then Fullerton to San Diego (Surfliner)...but on my way back home...San Diego to ARTIC - (spent 24 hours with brother and sister-in-law from Orange) - back to ARTIC to LAUPT (Surfliner)...then home to Kansas City (SWC). 

ARTIC was pretty void of traffic on the days I visited, but it was great to have a bite before heading to Union Station where I enjoyed the new brewery (Imperial Western)...lunch on Olvera Street...self-guided tour of all corners of the beautiful Station. I must have looked like a real nooby at the ARTIC platform...not knowing where to stand to wait as I was a business class rider - cannot get used to the cars being pushed from behind! 

All-in-all, the ARTIC seems to be a great place to spend a little time before catching a train! LOVE the pictures! 

Date: 02/12/19 06:48
Author: billio

DavidP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For those not from Southern California, that’s
> the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal
> Center.
>
> Dave
Thanx, Dave.

Date: 02/12/19 07:39
Author: atsf121

Nice series, that is a pretty cool looking station.

Nathan

Date: 02/12/19 10:37
Author: PasadenaSub

Great photos.

My wife and I were right across the street at the Honda Center on Friday night for international figure skating. 

ARTIC reminds me of some sort of airship hanger and the lights are amazing with changing patterns.

Rich

Date: 02/12/19 11:41
Author: PHall

The place gets real busy when the Ducks and the Angels both have home games on the same night!
The Honda Center is to the north and Anaheim Stadium is to the south. Both in walking range.

Date: 02/12/19 12:38
Author: 79mph

Wow, did not know there was a dome or a train there other than at Disneyland.

Date: 02/12/19 15:32
Author: thetuck

Sadly, passenger traffic at this new station will probably never reach its initial projections, which was to be the southern terminus of the now scaled back CAHSR route.

Date: 02/12/19 18:14
Author: PHall

It's plenty busy now with Amtrak and Metrolink trains and OCTA busses.

Date: 02/12/19 19:37
Author: jgmiller

It was also supposed to be a stop on a OCTA light rail line that died a horrible death. With all of the construction in the area and new apartments and condos I think it would be logical to build a monorail from there down to Disneyland. It doesn't need to connect to their system but with all of the hotels and restraunts in the area it probably would see a lot of traffic.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds