Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Passenger Trains > Brightline and FEC freights

Date: 02/14/19 15:09
Brightline and FEC freights
Author: yooperfan

How are Brightline and FEC freights coexisting? Any big delays to BL due to freight troubles (or conversely big delays to the freights due to BL's presence)? Do the freights only operate in certain time periods? I understand that BL does not own the track, much like Amtrak  Since this seems to be a big issue on Amtrak routes what can be learned from BL? 

Date: 02/14/19 15:16
Re: Brightline and FEC freights
Author: chrsjrcj

From my own personal experience riding Brightline (maybe a little over a dozen times since service started), I haven't see any delays from freight train interference. The actual dispatcher for the railroad is Florida Dispatching Company, which is owned 50/50 by Brightline and the FEC Railway. West Palm to Miami is double tracked with adequate crossovers, and in my own observations they seem to do a good job at keeping everything moving. The biggest delays seem to be from trespasser strikes. 

Date: 02/14/19 15:27
Author: goneon66

does anybody know IF the fec freights making the mia-jax run with 1 crew?

Date: 02/14/19 15:35
Author: Lackawanna484

Heading north on the MIA 5.40 departure. Passed 818 with a northbound freight at FLL.

This morning we ran around a train (109?) at West Palm.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/14/19 16:28
Author: toledopatch

FEC routinely runs trains between Bowden (Jax) and Hialeah (Miami) with one crew, or with a meet-and-trade arrangement that gets two trains' crews home at the end of the run.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds