Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Passenger Trains > Maryland's future Purple Line near Bethesda

Date: 02/16/19 13:26
Maryland's future Purple Line near Bethesda
Author: casco17

Last Sunday (2/10) I explored a few places in Maryland, looking for construction of the Purple Line.  Near New Carrollton one of the eastbound lanes of MD highway 410 was closed (for parallel rail construction), and there were other spots where early construction projects were underway.  The following pics were from the area near Bethesda:
1. Former B&O Georgetown Branch crossing Connecticut Ave.  Will the Purple Line be grade separated here?  There was a lot of construction equipment staged behind the camera.
2. Former B&O right of way, near Pearl in Bethesda.  The Georgetown Branch bike trail was detoured/relocated in this area.
3. Construction in Bethesda; sign on fence notes Red and Purple lines. The rail route is below grade at this point.

Judging by the construction map. this future line will run roughly east-west, mostly north of MD 410 and south of the Capital Beltway.  It will connect three MARC/WMATA routes with Bethesda; it sure has a winding route profile.   

Date: 02/16/19 16:33
Re: Maryland's future Purple Line near Bethesda
Author: warren1977

Go to Brookeville Road and Lyttonsville Rd. in Silver Spring, Purple Line construction has been underway here since last summer.

Date: 02/16/19 18:27
Author: jimB

When I was there last Fall, they were doing some construction at the Manchester Apratments on Wayne Ave, just East of Sligo Creek in Silver Spring. It attracted my attention because we lived in those apartments for a year while I was in high school.

Jim B

Date: 02/16/19 21:43
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Googling indicates that it has not yet been nicknamed "The Perp Line."

Date: 02/17/19 19:48
Author: kpcmcpkva

Where to view purple line construction map??

Date: 02/17/19 20:55
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds