Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Passenger Trains > Whose taking Amtrak to Winterail 2019?

Date: 03/11/19 21:00
Whose taking Amtrak to Winterail 2019?
Author: Mudrock

Robin Bower and myself leaves on Wednesday on the Coast Starlight 14 LA to Vancouver, Washington in a sleeper and then Cascade 506 Albany to Vancouver then Coast Starlight 11 Vancouver in a sleeper to LA leaving on Sunday.  Who else is taking the train?

Chris

Date: 03/11/19 22:20
Re: Whose taking Amtrak to Winterail 2019?
Author: barrydraper

Mt wife and I will be on 14 LAX to EUG leaving Wed., then return on 11 EUG to LAX leaving Sunday.  Probably coach since we are pass riders.  Look for me in the lounge car.

Barry Draper

Date: 03/11/19 22:27
Author: chakk

Sorry that I will miss Winterail this year.   Will be serving instead that day as TM on the SP Shasta Division during BayRails 2019.

Date: 03/12/19 19:29
Author: RuleG

Everytime I take Amtrak, I'm told to put it back...

Date: 03/12/19 22:31
Author: RRBMail

For myself, training to Winterail lost its apeal when Delta Dick dumped the Pacific Parlour Car last year. So, I booked early on SWA and will do the Bur-PDX R/T for about $150, if I'm not "MAXed-out"!  

Date: 03/13/19 10:42
Author: utwazoo

RRBaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For myself, training to Winterail lost its apeal
> when Delta Dick dumped the Pacific Parlour Car
> last year. So, I booked early on SWA and will do
> the Bur-PDX R/T for about $150, if I'm not
> "MAXed-out"!  

At least Southwest pilots know how to actually fly an airplane and not mostly monitor screens like on some other outfits,  mostly outside the US.

Date: 03/19/19 12:35
Author: Mudrock

We had a great trip. It took all the way to south of Albany to get delayed for a late running Tago then to Hito for the southbound Starlight and just short of Willbridge JCct
for the UP freight to nail us. Total delays were 1 hour 5 minutes. We detrained at Vancouver. A complete story is coming.

Chris 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds