Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Passenger Trains > Brightline trip report

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 03/28/19 19:02
Brightline trip report
Author: amtrakbill

I had the distinct pleasure to travel from Miami to West Pam Beach yesterday on Brightline 

i encouage everyone to take this most amazing service. Everything about this service is remarkable and must be experienced to be believed.  No detail was left behind from the high tech ticket counter, amazing architecture in all the stations, going through security by brightline security guards and high tech entry system. I mistook the coach lounge for the first class lounge and discovered the first class lounge is over the top and rivals the Delta club that I'm a member of 

Brightline is truly a class operation and is in a class all by itself

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/19 19:51 by amtrakbill.

Date: 03/28/19 19:16
Brightline continued

After getting on the train I noticed personnel all were very helpful.  There was a gap guard that moves out to the platform when the door opens. The train was emaculate and the leather seats had brightline branding enlaid into the seat  the service was spectacular and included a wet towel before the cart arrived with beverages and snacks 

employees at the stations waived when the train arrived and waived when it departed 

brightline had built impressive parking garages at all the stations along with shopping and condo units 

nothing was left out of their plans. 

Once this service  reaches orlando it will be one of the most popular rail corridors in the United States! 

Ill post more more pictures but some of them are sideways. You are welcome to edit and straighten them. I'm on the road and have a mobile device 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/19 20:20 by amtrakbill.

Date: 03/28/19 19:17
Brightline continued 3

First class service 

Date: 03/28/19 20:52
Re: Brightline continued 3
Author: Nomad

A food cart? Boxed meals? Oh, the humanity!!

J/K

Date: 03/28/19 19:20
Brightline continued 4

Security and coach lounge 

Date: 03/28/19 19:24
Brightline continued 5

First class lounge in Miami 
similar lounges in fort lauderdale  and west palm beach with complementary office space, beverages and snacks 

Date: 03/28/19 19:26
Brightline continued 6

Amazing development at each station 

Date: 03/28/19 19:30
Re: Brightline continued 6
Author: jcaestecker

Wow!  Amtrak could never, EVER, be this good.

-John

Date: 03/28/19 19:28
Brightline last

The train along with Disney type of service 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/28/19 19:34
Re: Brightline last
Author: cabsignaldrop

Wonderful series of photos, thanks for taking us along with you!  Would be interesting to see how popular the service would be were a handful of trains extended north to Jacksonville.  The Orlando extension is a long way off, if ever.

Date: 03/28/19 19:35
Author: ts1457

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Now if BL can complete the Orlando segment and get some more passengers, maybe the future will be bright. I sure hope so.

Date: 03/28/19 23:22
Author: Mgoldman

Nice series - though, would've been more enjoyable to scroll through as a single thread rather
than 6.  You do know you can keep adding sets of three pics by "replying" to your own previous
thread? 

Thanks for sharing!

/Mitch

Date: 03/29/19 04:36

Ha!  I actually thought about that when I took that shot.  Unfortunately CNN owns the rights to airports and maybe too at rail stations like this?  

Also the trip is just 70 minutes long and even when it goes to Orlando food carts would be just fine.  They have a food car in the coach section.  I didn't go there but it had an array of items to choose from.

Other than the TV choice the experience was remarkable!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/19 04:41 by amtrakbill.

Date: 03/29/19 04:38

I believe the Orlando extension is about 2 years off.  The train station in Orlando is being built as part of a new air terminal there.  It's part of the 2nd largest construction project in the US right now.  Looking at what already is constructed is monumental!  

Date: 03/29/19 04:43
Author: Lackawanna484

Great report, thank you.

And just to note the nearby real estate developments are owned by related companies. Not by BrightLine.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/29/19 04:45

One item I failed to relay is the fact that the train slowed down for a freight train and before I realized we were slowing down a very professional message came on and said "we are slowing down momentarily but will resume speed in 90 seconds; sorry for the inconvenience".

Absolutely impeccable service in so many ways! 

Amtrak should require all their customer facing employees to ride this service as part of a training refresh program.  They could learn a lot about customer service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/19 04:47 by amtrakbill.

Date: 03/29/19 04:54
Author: MattW

If they get rid of the tsa-style nonsense, it will be a winner, but until that happens, I hope they go bankrupt quickly and quietly. No place for that kind of garbage in this country, especially on our rail system!

Date: 03/29/19 05:03
Author: abyler

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like a wonderful service. Amtrak should have
> such nice waiting environments. And yes, food
> carts and boxed meals are just fine for a two hour
> journey. But NOT for a long distance train. My

Food carts and boxed meals work on 15-19 hour overnight airline flights.  Eventually you have to ask how long the trip needs to be before this is unacceptable. Arguably, you are looking at only the western trains and maybe the Crescent and Meteor.

Date: 03/29/19 05:12

The security personel were real and the machinery used was TSA like as they asked me after going through the system to take out my sunglasses which were in my pocket.  The diffrence is after I went through they showed me where my lounge was and thanked me for riding Brightline.  Brightline got this experience right too.  Once they have a connection to the Orlando airport I assume it will be a one-security experience from train to plane.

Date: 03/29/19 05:23
Author: mp51w

I wish their yellow brick road floor pattern led me to Kansas.  LOL!
That's great that you caught Biden on the TV.
All those employees waving are costing Brightline big $$, as they sink further & further in debt!
I'm impressed with what Brightline has achieved, but it is not within financial reality.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0947 seconds