Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak 8 at Spokane

Date: 04/07/19 22:19
Amtrak 8 at Spokane
Author: wirelessenabled

Just got home from downtown Spokane, WA and Amtrak 8, the eastbound Empire Builder is sitting at the depot ready to go.  Amtrak 7 was late getting to Spokane this morning but only about 4.5 hours or so if my understanding of the scanner chatter was correct.  Why did it not continue on to Seattle/Portland?

Also there is a private car sitting at the depot ready to head westbound.  It is blue with a rear platform, looks like Tioga Pass but it was too dark for me to tell.  It is hard to get a good view of the platform at Spokane as the track is elevated and security has chased me off more than once when I try to come up the access road from the north.

Date: 04/08/19 00:45
Re: Amtrak 8 at Spokane
Author: aronco

I am reasonably sure it is not TIOGA PASS.  Last time I saw it, it was resting t Pier A Yard at Wilmington on the PHL in LA Harbor, its new home.

Norm

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Date: 04/08/19 00:50
Author: dan

Yerba Buena  may be out and about?

Date: 04/08/19 12:54
Author: wirelessenabled

Thanks Norm, I saw your post about the trip coming up so figured it wasn't Tioga Pass but in the dim light it sure looked similar.

That car probably came in to Seattle or Portland this morning on 7 or 27.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds