Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Passenger Trains > rough ride on NJT?

Date: 04/13/19 20:50
rough ride on NJT?
Author: ts1457

Date: 04/14/19 06:14
Re: rough ride on NJT?
Author: joemvcnj

The Alstom-built Comet V cars, most of which are isolated on the Hoboken Division, are junk and can ride rough. 

The LIRR M-3's are rough riding too. Pioneer trucks get out of spec rather easily.  I rode one at 80MPH to Huntington, LI on Christmas. My ass bounded up in the air over my seat on several occasions. I had no fear of derailments. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/19 17:42 by joemvcnj.

Date: 04/14/19 16:42
Re: rough ride on NJT?
Author: chess

Oh my Lord stop! That is a bad bellow, nothing more. This happens once in a while when equipment is cut and/or an engine is replaced. 9 times out of 10 it goes away on it's own before the train clears the tunnels. Once in a great while what you saw in the video happens and there is a valve on the outside of each car that fixes the problem immediately. The problem is the crew wouldn't have been able to access the valve until the Woodridge stop. This crew should have moved the passengers out of the car and possibly run at a reduced speed until the problem was corrected. The Comet V's actually ride pretty good, and with the exception of the doors, I'd take them any day over the horrid multilevels!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds