Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak train 91 - 3 photos

Date: 04/14/19 19:17
Amtrak train 91 - 3 photos
Author: NS4271

Train 91 passing Perryville, MD station with Train Order's member MDRailfan on board heading to Florida.  4/14/2019

Date: 04/14/19 20:26
Re: Amtrak train 91 - 3 photos
Author: GP25

I see in the first photo.

Some MOW epuipment in the distance

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 04/15/19 09:38
Author: knotch8

Nice photos, but that's a sad sight.  It's the week before Easter, schools are out in suburban New York and Connecticut, and Amtrak is operating 4 coaches, a lounge and 2 sleepers on half of its Florida service.

That train can carry what maybe 2 jets carry.  Those jets can make 2 round-trips each day between the Northeast and Florida, while this 1 trainset requires 2 days, and lays overnight at each end.

Date: 04/15/19 13:52
Author: MdRailfan

You can almost see me in the doorway of the sleeper, but the tinted windows are too dark.

Date: 04/16/19 07:53
Author: ctillnc

> Nice photos, but that's a sad sight.  It's the
> week before Easter, schools are out in suburban
> New York and Connecticut, and Amtrak is operating
> 4 coaches, a lounge and 2 sleepers on half of its
> Florida service.

Yes, consists of the Star (Meteor, too) are about half the size they were 25 years ago. Same story for the Crescent. Whether it's a consequence of decades of Amtrak tardiness or the effect of Southwest/JetBlue on ticket prices or improvements to I-95 or other factors, the market share of Amtrak between the northeast and Florida has fallen. A lot. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds