Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Passenger Trains > NYC: Andy Byford said to be on the verge of quitting

Date: 04/19/19 14:10
NYC: Andy Byford said to be on the verge of quitting
Author: Ray_Murphy

NYT article:  https://nyti.ms/2vcYel7

Reason: unending conflict with NY Governor Cuomo.

Comment from "Pete in Downtown":
Unfortunately, I am not surprised. I am more surprised that it took Andy Byford that long to realize that he, a highly respected mass transit expert, was merely serving as the figleaf for the incompetent and dishonest "leadership" provided by the Governor "Emperor" Andrew Cuomo. Note how Mr. Cuomo's interest in talking to Mr. Byford disappeared almost instantly after he was reelected. I actually hope Mr. Byford preserves his dignity and reputation and does quit, with the provision that he'll give some very lengthy interviews to the NYTimes and other news channels detailing his experiences with Emperor Cuomo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/19 14:11 by Ray_Murphy.

Date: 04/19/19 14:20
Re: NYC: Andy Byford said to be on the verge of quitting
Author: joemvcnj

The Cuomo plan may yet fail for the Canarsie tunnels depending on the silica dust situation during construction, and the dangerous overcrowding that will definitely occur with 20 minute weekend "L" train service where the train normally run every 7 minutes or so. 

If that occurs and Byford is gone, Andrew will look very stupid. 

Date: 04/19/19 15:06
Author: Lackawanna484

The situation of being squeezed between Governor Cuomo and Mayor DeBlasio has to be excruciating. The fare increase only adds to the misery.

Neither the Guv nor the Mayor rides mass transit.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/21/19 08:00
Author: joemvcnj

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds