Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak #136???

Date: 06/01/19 09:15
Amtrak #136???
Author: Ray_Murphy

Amtrak #68 is operating today with two trainsets in tandem. The pictures show it departing Montreal's Central Station (crossing the Lachine Canal) with locomotives 111 and 110 in front, and locomotive 105 mid-train.

Ray

Date: 06/01/19 09:29
Re: Amtrak #136???
Author: joemvcnj

Did 68's break down, got stranded in Montreal, had to call buses, and now being towed back ?
I guess the 2nd lead unit is needd to tow the extra trainset, which is dead in tow. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/19 09:31 by joemvcnj.

Date: 06/01/19 10:23
Author: jp1822

Anyone know the details of the "breakdown" of this trainset and how passengers were handled? Wasn't aware that the Adirondack had broken down.  

- If it broke down enroute to Montreal, Amtrak would have had to brought buses in to get passengers to Montreal.....
- The next day southbound Adirondack consist from Montreal would have had to have been bussed or train cancelled. I doubt Amtrak would have asked VIA for a train consist to Albany, even though things like this used to be done at one time. 

Didn't know there had been a problem with the Adirondack. 

Date: 06/01/19 10:36
Author: joemvcnj

VIA locos have run to Albany from Toronto and Montreal in the past. I don't know if that is done anymore. They are not equipped for cabs signalling on the higher speed portion of the route. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds