Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Passenger Trains > South Florida Tips

Date: 06/14/19 04:57
South Florida Tips
Author: smudgepot

I have some downtime in Miami Area, trying to ride all of Brightline and Tri-Rail in one day. Has anyone here tried this?

Date: 06/14/19 06:00
Re: South Florida Tips
Author: Jimbo

Yes.  

Metrorail connects Tri-Rail and Virgin in Miami (Miami Airport and Miami Central station).  In West Palm Beach it's very walkable between the Tri-Rail and Virgin stations.  I did it in April and stayed near the Fort Lauderdale Airport, since I flew in, using the hotel shuttle to and from the airport and free Tri-Rail shuttle between the airport and the Tri-Rail station, but you could stay in many other places.

Date: 06/14/19 06:02
Author: chrsjrcj

Multiple times.

The Brightline station in Miami is next to the Overtown Metrorail station. You can take an Orange Line train to the Miami Airport or a Green Line train to the Tri-Rail transfer station to connect with Tri-Rail.

In West Palm Beach, it is about 1/2 mile between the Brightline and Tri-Rail stations. You can either walk it (not in this heat) or take the Green Line trolley (free) to Clematis street which is a stones throw away from Brightline. The Green Line trolley stops in front of the old Seaboard station on Tamarind Ave.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/14/19 06:12
Author: Lackawanna484

If you want to ride "all" of Tri-Rail, there's one station North of West Palm.

Mangonia Park is the terminus. Trains lay over there before heading back.

The area along Clematis Street has a range of food and beverage choices.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/19 08:37
Author: toledopatch

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want to ride "all" of Tri-Rail, there's one
> station North of West Palm.
>
> Mangonia Park is the terminus. Trains lay over
> there before heading back.
>
> The area along Clematis Street has a range of food
> and beverage choices.

And Clematis is where you're going to need to go if you're looking for any sustenance while riding trains to or from West Palm. The Mangonia Park station is a big park-and-ride affair and it's a verrrrry long walk to any services on 45th Street. The Tri-Rail station in WPB doesn't have much in its immediate area, either.

Date: 06/14/19 09:03
Author: Passfanatic

The stations on Tri-Rail, in general, are just park n ride stations. In addition, they aren't super close to any downtown areas. Tri-Rail is a nice operation to ride. I rode it back in January of 2014 a few times while in Miami and had lots of fun. Many of the stations are great for railfanning. I love Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach are great spots. Watch out-multiple stations are in dangerous neighborhoods but as long as if you exercise common sense and go to areas where there are a lot of people, you should be fine. Stations like Metrorail Transfer come to mind.

Date: 06/20/19 18:20
Author: smudgepot

Thanks so much for the information It all proved quite helpful.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds