Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Passenger Trains > "Twilight Passage" Lake Shore Limited

Date: 06/15/19 05:28
"Twilight Passage" Lake Shore Limited
Author: ut-1

Here's the on-time Lake Shore Limited passing CSX CP 248, Rome, NY, last night. Chicago is 711 miles distant.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/15/19 05:37
Re: "Twilight Passage" Lake Shore Limited
Author: amtrakbill

Thanks!

What was the 2nd car in the consist?  Hard to tell in the twilight.  Was it an old diner?

Date: 06/15/19 06:22
Author: Amtrak288

amtrakbill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks!
>
> What was the 2nd car in the consist?  Hard to
> tell in the twilight.  Was it an old diner?

More than likely it’s a deadheading Heritage Sleeper that is a Company Service Car, it appears to be behind an Amfleet I Cafe Car that is probably also deadheading, the rest of the consist looks to be normal for 48/49 currently.  Excellent video!!!

Date: 06/15/19 06:43
Author: UP951West

LIKE.  Thanks for sharing this video ! 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/19 06:44 by UP951West.

Date: 06/15/19 07:15
Author: amtrakbill

What is a company service car?>

Date: 06/15/19 08:36
Author: RFandPFan

Excellent video - Well done!

Date: 06/15/19 08:45
Author: jp1822

amtrakbill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is a company service car?>

It's one of the Heritage sleepers that Amtrak restored/refurbished for the "company fleet" or for company service. Pacific Bend I believe is its name. Largely has the old Heritage roomettes intact to handle Amtrak VIP's or employees etc. for a given charter trip. The six bedrooms that used to be, are all ripped out. Not sure what exactly is in that place for this car anymore. It's usually seen with company car "American View" and even Amtrak's lone Great Dome. 

Date: 06/15/19 10:22
Author: chrsjrcj

No Boston sleeper? 

Date: 06/15/19 11:59
Author: MEKoch

Four viewliner cars: one diner and three sleepers (2NY & 1 BOS)

Date: 06/15/19 15:49
Pacific Bend and Pacific Patrol/Command
Author: jp1822

The Boston sleeper is not operating on various days in June (not sure of its schedule in July) due to track work that's being done on the line. So on certain days the passengers are bussed. There are some days where just the coaches and cafe/business car with its two P42 locomotives will operate. But Amtrak is running "the Boston sleeper" out of NYP with the NYC VIewliners consistently during the period of track work. Supposedly the sleeper will return, unlike the Boston section's Baggage car. Seems a little weird, but I believe this is all being done to ensure sleeper the Lake Shore Limited still runs with at least three sleepers for all trips to/from Midwest and East Coast. 

Pacific Bend - the Heritage sleeper mentioned above and pictured as the second passenger car was overhauled, refurbished, and outfitted with a retention tank - was typically seen with the 40th Anniversary Train - the Display Cars etc. I believe it was originally going to be used by the Amtrak Inspector General's staff, but instead it got attached to, and roamed the system with, the 40th Anniversary "Display Cars" (old Heritage Baggage Cars) and its gift shop that was setup in an Amfleet cafe car (that had been off in Beech Grove in the RIP line).

Recently, I had seen Pacific Bend parked at the Race Street Coach Yard near 30th Street Station Philadelphia. There's also Pacific Patrol or Pacific Command that had also been restored and refurbished, much like Pacific Bend. Both cars were done around the same time. Pacific Patrol was more for Amtrak's police force. I had first seen it in LA on the West Coast. Did a double take on that one! But it also has since been delegated to the Amtrak "Business Car Fleet."                       

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0759 seconds