Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Passenger Trains > A few Amtrak trains at Metuchen, NJ

Date: 06/28/19 18:55
A few Amtrak trains at Metuchen, NJ
Author: OCtrainguy

Playing catch-up with some photos from a railfanning trip on May 24th.  After spending most of the morning along the Conrail Shared Assets Lehigh Line, my son and I headed over to Metuchen to photo some Amtrak trains and to catch the freight local that runs on the corridor from Metuchen down to Jersey Avenue.  

Upon our arrival, we had a short wait before an Acela train showed up, running on track three.  So track 2 was out of service for trackwork.  We saw the freight local, way down from the station where the yard lead track meets the corridor.  I am guessing due to track 2 being out of service, it went west on track 1 as opposed to running east and then changing tracks east of the Metuchen station.   Anyway, onto some of the photos.

1.   Eastbound Acela train running on track three and making a move to track two
2.  Same Acela train changing tracks
3.  A westbound Keystone Service train

A few more to follow.. 

Date: 06/28/19 19:01
Re: A few Amtrak trains at Metuchen, NJ

Last of the photos.

4.  Eastbound Keystone train running pull-pull
5.  Trailing engine behind the cab car on this eastbound Keystone train.  The engine was the David L Gunn.
6.  An eastbound Acela train on track one

We caught a few more trains and then it was time to fight the traffic to head home.  Didn't really catch the Metuchen freight local, but still saw some cool things.  Hope you enjoy!

Date: 06/29/19 05:37
Author: King_Coal

Thanks for posting these. Neat to see the NEC.
The Keystone service with two motors seems a little wasteful. No more cab cars?

Date: 06/29/19 19:14

From what I undertand, there was some type of issue with that cab car, thus they used a second engine. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0474 seconds