Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Passenger Trains > FL PB Gdns asks for BrightLine station

Date: 07/12/19 11:25
FL PB Gdns asks for BrightLine station
Author: Lackawanna484

The town of Palm Beach Gardens has asked for a BrightLine station. The railroad said NO. The location is in northern Palm Beach County, in a very upscale area.

Tri-Rail is expected to stop at a new station there, so there could be advantages for connections.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20190712/new-palm-beach-gardens-makes-its-pitch-for-brightline-stop

Posted from Android

Date: 07/12/19 13:16
Re: FL PB Gdns asks for BrightLine station
Author: rbenko

Should be interesting to see how they will dispatch the FEC between West Palm Beach and Jupiter once Tri-Rail and Brightline start running trains.  I would assume they will at least build a pocket track/bypass track at the Jupiter station (in addition to the two main tracks) to get any turnaround Tri-Rail trains out of the way, similar to what exists now in the West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale Brightline stations.

Is there an estimated date as to when Tri-Rail will start service to Jupiter?

Date: 07/12/19 13:42
Author: Lackawanna484

The precise ETA is a still "to be determined" for service to Jupiter, last I heard.

The governing authority had said "late in 2016" for a while, now it may be 2021.  Neither Jupiter nor PBG actually has a station under construction, and there may be an FEC requirement for two tracks before service can begin.  There's currently just one north of Lake Park, I believe.

Date: 07/13/19 10:34
Author: Jishnu

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The precise ETA is a still "to be determined" for
> service to Jupiter, last I heard.
>
> The governing authority had said "late in 2016"
> for a while, now it may be 2021.  Neither Jupiter
> nor PBG actually has a station under construction,
> and there may be an FEC requirement for two tracks
> before service can begin.  There's currently just
> one north of Lake Park, I believe.

I would be very surprised if any TriRail on FECR other than the short bit into Miami Central Station happens before 2025. As it is the Miami Central bit appears to have effectively been pushed back to 2020.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds