Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Hiawatha hits car

Date: 07/14/19 11:54
Amtrak Hiawatha hits car
Author: sethamtrak

Amtrak 334 struck a car at the Morton Grove Metra Station at Lincoln Ave crossing on it’s way to downtown Chicago Condition of the driver unknown. Based on the pictures of the accident scene there’s no way the driver survived if they were inside the car when it got hit.

My condolences to the train crew.

I would imagine the 335/338 flip will be cancelled and the train will go north as 339 once a new crew is on board. I also wonder if the NPCU is damaged beyond limping to CUS, and if so a P32 would get sent LHF to pick up the train and bring it to Chicago?

Seth-

Date: 07/14/19 16:02
Re: Amtrak Hiawatha hits car
Author: LarryC

Date: 07/14/19 16:07
Author: inCHI

Sad to hear... I know and frequent that exact location, and wonder how it happened.

Date: 07/14/19 18:20
Author: ghemr

Quite possibly a grade crossing malfunction (activation failure) per witnesses...

Date: 07/14/19 18:23
Author: joemvcnj

Who maintains that piece of railroad - CP or Metra ?

Posted from Android

Date: 07/14/19 20:29
Author: mundo

Amtrak Alerts @AmtrakAlerts·9h Service Advisory: Due to the ongoing delay on Hiawatha Trains 334. Trains 335 & 338 are now canceled in their entirety. Passengers scheduled to take Train 335 can travel on Train 7 and Train 337. We are working on alternate transportation for Train 338. More updates to come. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds