Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Passenger Trains > Rebuilt UTA Trax LRV

Date: 07/14/19 12:47
Rebuilt UTA Trax LRV
Author: atsf121

While I was at the NMRA convention on Thursday I decided to head outside to watch the trolleys and catch up on some work stuff.  Out of the corner of my eye I watched one of the trolleys pass and then it dawned on me that it was the "new" paint scheme used on the Siemens S70 vehicles, but that the vehicle itself was one of the original cars.  It was by in a flash so I dutifully waited (and caught up on emails) until it came back past the Little America after turning at Salt Lake Central.  I took the Trax tour later in the day and when I asked, they confirmed it's one of the first rebuilt cars that has been out in service for a while now.  So here is UTA #1013, one of the original SD100 cars from when Trax opened back in 1999, headed south for Draper wearing it's new paint scheme on Thursday afternoon.  The car in front (back of the picture) is wearing the older paint scheme.  The SD100 cars (and SD160's) are getting a full rebuild with the goal of getting another 20 years of service out of them.  The new paint (wrap) looks good!

Nathan

Date: 07/15/19 22:01
Re: Rebuilt UTA Trax LRV
Author: KEL27

I saw that one too and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Good to know what the story is on that one, although I still prefer the new cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds