Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Passenger Trains > AAPRCO Convention Train News

Date: 07/15/19 14:03
AAPRCO Convention Train News
Author: andersonb109

Great news from AAPRCO. According to their latest news letter,  Amtrak has in principal approved a convention train for next year. Routing still TBD negotiated and approved. But at least they are open again to the concept. Now if they would just rescind the draconian open platform riding and Dutch door rules, all would be back to normal. 

Date: 07/15/19 14:52
Re: AAPRCO Convention Train News
Author: ClubCar

One step at a time.  And even though they say that they will handle a special train, what kind of outrageous price are they going to charge?  Will they be reasonable?  With that airplane man in charge and trying to kill Amtrak, anything can happen.  Good luck and hope for the best.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 07/15/19 16:05
Author: agentatascadero

Good news indeed if the train is to run.  Maybe this will be good for the new River Train, if it's not already too late to save this gem.  Tioaga Pass/Pacific Sands are making a trip next moth too, and the Broadway Limited trip happened last weekend.  All good news for PV travel.

AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 07/15/19 17:02
Author: bobs

As I understand it, what they are talking about is not a convention train, per se.  It is a special train over the same routing year after year.  What's new about it would be layover spots that aren't currently on the list of places where PVs can be dropped.  It also would only cover current Amtrak passenger routings, so no rare mileage.  Still, it is progress.

Date: 07/15/19 17:36
Author: bluesboyst

Three cheers for Propeller Head... NOT...

Date: 07/15/19 19:02
Author: ShortlinesUSA

You guys make me laugh. Seriously, when I decide to click on the passenger forum, the thought that goes through my head is "Let's see what the passenger foamers are angry about today." You can't even be happy with some good news.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/15/19 19:56
Author: SanDiegan

There hasn’t been much good news lately. They have every reason to be cranky 😀

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds