Home Open Account Help 389 users online

Passenger Trains > Richard Anderson's travels

Date: 07/16/19 06:48
Richard Anderson's travels
Author: Klondyke

Has Richard Anderson travelled anywhere on Amtrak? If so, where has he been, how much of the network does he know, and how frequently does he ride? How did staff find him? Am I correct in assuming that an Amtrak President has no real use for Amtrak as part of his daily routine? What about his Board of Directors and Leadership Team?  Just curious. I like to press the flesh to find out what’s going on, others don’t.           

Date: 07/16/19 07:13
Re: Richard Anderson's travels
Author: dancollins3

This would be very interesting to find out.
We need to pursue this question..
The best way to understand a system or a process is to do it, observe it before attempting to make changes.
Richard Anderson needs to try this before he attempts to dismantle a system that works.

Date: 07/16/19 07:16
Author: dan

he  has been on the office car touring

Date: 07/16/19 08:00
Author: chrsjrcj

It has been brought up before that he took the Capitol Limited from to DC to Chicago a couple of years ago (before contemporary dining) in a roomette and came away less than impressed by the condition of the room. 

Date: 07/16/19 08:07
Author: DavidP

chrsjrcj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has been brought up before that he took the
> Capitol Limited from to DC to Chicago a couple of
> years ago (before contemporary dining) in a
> roomette and came away less than impressed by the
> condition of the room. 

Too clean? 😀

Date: 07/16/19 08:24
Author: RRBMail

dan Wrote:
> he  has been on the office car touring

"Propeller head" is doubtless eating boxed "enhanced" diner meals and stopping for the occasional "food truck" like the rest of us. This show won't stop until the "Fat Man" stops singing!   

Date: 07/16/19 09:10
Author: PNWDivision10

He rode the head end of the Coast Starlight in early 2018 from Portland, Ore to Eugene, Ore and then road the sleepers from Eugene to Oakland, Ca.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/16/19 09:16
Author: Flyer92122

He rode the Coast Starlight and ordered the Parlour cars to be sold a week later. How far he traveled I don’t know, I’m thinking it was probably LAX-SBA or something similar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/19 12:20 by Flyer92122.

Date: 07/16/19 10:18
Author: PRRFan

Boss is wearing  shirt and hat from company store. incogneto.  June 2018 Otis In.
PRRFan

Date: 07/16/19 11:21
Author: another_view

dan Wrote:
> he  has been on the office car touring

That could not be more untrue, from what I have learned from those very close to the situation he has no interest in office cars. Joe Boardman and his minion spent millions building a small fleet of office cars including a laundry car. Most of them have all been either returned to revenue service or de-commissioned. He knows more about the system than many on this board whether you want to believe it or not.

Date: 07/16/19 11:39
Author: brc600

I'd like a list of trains he rode (not road--I'm into correct grammar!)

Flyer92122 Wrote:
> He road the Coast Starlight and ordered the
> Parlour cars to be sold a week later. How far he
> traveled I don’t know, I’m thinking it was
> probably LAX-SBA or something similar.

Date: 07/16/19 12:38
Author: niagara484

PRRFan Wrote:
> Boss is wearing  shirt and hat from company
> store. incogneto.  June 2018 Otis In.
> PRRFan

I don't know who that is but I don't think that's Mr. Anderson.  I'm doing a side by side comparison with some other pictures of him and it just doesn't seem like a match.  Do you really see a resemblance if you look at his pic at the Amtrak website?

niagara484

Date: 07/16/19 14:25
Author: andersonb109

From the countless times I saw him in the intro of the Delta safety video, that's not him. But people look different when there aren't in a suit and tie. 

Date: 07/16/19 15:03
Author: Flyer92122

If it is him my question would be why? What is he learning, granted it looks fun as heck? Looking out the back end of a train inspecting tracks probably is an important job for someone qualified in railroad operations and doing their job. Anderson should be in suit/tie or at least business casual greeting people in the stations, as they pick up their contempary meals, as they settle in their seats or sleepers learning about the passenger experience. Track conditions can be learned by sobordinates.

Date: 07/16/19 17:25
Author: jcoons

I know him from Delta and have been in meetings with him. I seriously doubt that’s him. 

He also isn’t a computer user. So the fact that this person is sitting with a laptop reinforces that I don’t think this is him. Similar facial features, but doubt its him. He’d be in slacks and a shirt at a minimum and he wears glasses, not contacts. 

Date: 07/16/19 18:41
Author: ProAmtrak

It's sad he rides trains and then oders them downgraded the next day, yeah he's a great leader alright!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds