Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Passenger Trains > Chicago Transit Authority - buttons

Date: 07/21/19 19:14
Chicago Transit Authority - buttons
Author: casco17

A brief item in the 7/15/19 USA Today notes that the CTA is planning to issue buttons to pregnant women.  The intent is to encourage riders to give up their seats for the pregnant riders.
Giving up one's seat is the courteous thing to do, though I'm not sure how this (distribution of buttons) will work in real life.   I take it the buttons will be issued on an 'honor system' basis.

Date: 07/21/19 19:59
Re: Chicago Transit Authority - buttons
Author: wa4umr

Reminds me of when I was in Japan, many years ago.  The subway car was crowded and en elderly mamasan got on.  There were no empty seats.  I got up to let her sit down and some young buck immediately took the seat.  From that point on, I would motion for mamasan to come right next to me and then I would get up and let her sit down.  

Women in this country complain about not being equal but let them go to other parts of the world.  They sure do things differently in other parts of the world.  Guess we'll have to see how the buttons work in Chicago.

John

Date: 07/21/19 20:40
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Will a male-to-female passenger get a zipper token or a button?

Date: 07/22/19 06:07
Author: MEKoch

In European countries I have found people quickly arising from their seat to give their seat to an older passenger or needy person.  

Date: 07/22/19 07:03
Author: WP17

I wonder if these buttons will be abused as much as handicap placards for cars

Date: 07/22/19 14:27
Author: cricketer8for9

Baby on Board badges are commonly used on public transport in London. Can’t speak for their effect as a wearer, but they do seem to have the desired effect from a fellow passenger’s point of view. They also provide a useful visual clue to prevent embarrassingly getting it wrong when the weight gain is not pregnancy related.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds