Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Passenger Trains > NJ Transit train cancellations diminishing?

Date: 08/09/19 06:09
NJ Transit train cancellations diminishing?
Author: Lackawanna484

A look at the last several days of commuter alerts suggests that cancellations of train service due to equipment availability and crews has diminished. Way down on the Hoboken side.  Looks like only one train so far, on a Friday in Summer.  When many employees have scheduled vacations underway, etc.

Is this the result of more trained classes of engineers being available for service, more equipment available for service with PTC gear installed, more realistic scheduling?

Or maybe just better management?  I was surprised to see a recent picture of a sparkling clean train at Bay Head. The wash rack seemed to be used for the last several years.

Date: 08/09/19 06:17
Re: NJ Transit train cancellations diminishing?
Author: joemvcnj

It seems a little better the last 2 weeks. I suspect there was also a silent job action going on in June and July due to some management abuses in picking and choosing favorites, and refusal to work overtime to make service. 

Date: 08/09/19 10:24
Author: njfrn

Suspension of off-peak Pascack Valley line service may be helping a bit as well, if crew runs have been adjusted to take advantage of that.

Date: 08/09/19 11:40

They already cancelled 2:30 - 3pm trains to Trenton and Dover. 
They will probably be more as the day goes on.  It's Friday, start of a nice weather weekend. 

Date: 08/09/19 15:28
Author: jp1822

So much for Murphy and his "big talk" to fix the NJT Rail problem. I have absolutely no faith that this guy can fix anything in this State. To give him some sort of boost It would have been nice if he could champion NJT Rail and take on some sort of pet project in the State to improve (e.g. improving the infrastructure of the aging State Park service - something the public would see a benefit in and not be split down party lines on). I have a hard time seeing that his own party likes him. Compared to Christie, I find Murphy keeps a VERY low profile on the news, and other media outlets. 

Date: 08/09/19 15:40
Author: Lackawanna484

Governor Murphy spends more time in his Italian villa than you know who spends at his golf courses.

Which may be a good thing...

Posted from Android

Date: 08/09/19 16:16
Author: Passfanatic

I'm supposed to go down to Ocean Grove tomorrow and will be taking the train to and from Asbury Park.

Date: 08/09/19 16:25

They only staff advisories between 10am and 7pm weekends. Check Departure Vision before you go and do NOT buy on-line tickets and activate them. There is no telling when the next train will show or even if they will collect your ticket.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds