Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Passenger Trains > Weekend GO Trains To Niagara Falls, Ont Now Year-Round

Date: 08/18/19 17:05
Weekend GO Trains To Niagara Falls, Ont Now Year-Round
Author: mbutte

Toronto's GO Transit has announced that the highly-popular weekend summer excursion train service between Toronto and Niagara Falls, Ont. will now operate on weekends year-round. 

This is great news for folks living in western New York and on Ontario's Niagara Peninsula who want to visit the beautiful city of Toronto.

GO added one weekday round trip to & from Niagara Falls, Ont. at the beginning of this year, but additional weekday service will require significant infrastructure improvements, which are currently planned to completed in phases over the next several years.

GO is however moving ahead with the necessary preliminary construction to allow for the future electrification of its principal lines, with plans calling for 15-minute head ways on the busiest Lakeshore East & West routes.

Date: 08/18/19 17:17
Re: Weekend GO Trains To Niagara Falls, Ont Now Year-Round
Author: PHall

Date: 08/18/19 18:34
Author: RevRandy

and the point is???

always glad to get more information

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're a bit late. 
> https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15
> ,4848977

Date: 08/19/19 08:42
Author: Jishnu

GO Transit apparently does run one of its double decker buses from Niagara Falls ON to Toronto on weekdays, so effectively there is daily service.

I doubt they will ever electrify to Niagara Falls, but to Hamilton, yup that is going to happen.

I was surprised that the Grimsby stop was treated as a flag stop with no stop due to no boarding or disembarking passengers on the most recent trip that I took to Toronto and back. It did stop at St. Catherines both ways as there were passengers. And on the way back we were held for some 20 minutes at Welland Canal as the drawbridge was open to let some big ship go through the lock gates.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1334 seconds