Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak and Metrolink under the Busch Gardens Ped Bridge

Date: 09/13/19 10:37
Amtrak and Metrolink under the Busch Gardens Ped Bridge
Author: erielackawanna

Set up at Woodley Avenue in Van Nuys for the typical Wednesday "Six-Pack" of two Amtraks, three Metrolinks, and one Union Pacific that you tend to get between 2:50 and 4:20 at CP Raymer. I like this spot because the old pedestrian bridge over the tracks that was once part of Busch Gardens acts as a nice framing device (there was also a monorail that ran here back in the Busch Gardens days).

A slightly late Amtrak 782 disrupted the order a bit, as the trains came in order of SCAX 116, A782, A777, SCAX 155 and SCAX 115. I kept listening for LOF65 to call the DS that he was ready to go, but it didn't come and then the signals lit up indicating SCAX 150 was lined all the way into Van Nuys, so I drove off to get shots of LOF65 farther east. Here are the passenger trains.

Image one - SCAX 116 shoves east with an F125 on the rear.

Image two - A782 also shoves east, but with a P42DC in charge.

Image three - A777 races west behind a Charger.

Date: 09/13/19 10:38
Re: Amtrak and Metrolink under the Busch Gardens Ped Bridge
Author: erielackawanna

Image four - SCAX 155 is behind an MP36PH-3C that apparently has had its nose cleaned recently.

Image fives - SCAX 115 has another F125 in charge.

Date: 09/13/19 10:44
Author: Peak45068

Nice photos. I’m currently on train 802 to San Bernardino with 886 in charge. I had a play on the Coaster F40’s early this morning.
Getting ready for 2moros trip round the Tehachapi Loop.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/13/19 14:42
Author: BobP

OK old feller.
When I owrked at Teledyne, Northridre, CA back in dark ages ocassionally some of their birds would land on Teledyne's front lawn.
We would call gardens up but they told us ingnore them as they will fly back. (which they did).
...................thos were the days......................

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0621 seconds