Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Passenger Trains > Thanksgiving starts with a bang

Date: 11/22/00 20:43
Thanksgiving starts with a bang
Author: pismobum

(crossposted from headsupcoastfans)

Amtrak 779 Very Late

November 22, 2000, Amtrak 779

This train is 2 hours, 20 minutes late at Ventura, due to an integrity problem.  The train was backed up from the Simi Valley Platform into the Hasson
siding.  The train was repaired there.  It was understood that the train was full, and there were a lot of angry passengers on board. At Ventura platform, about 30 people got off the train. That is the most amount of people I have ever seen getting off, except fair trains.
The equipment is California Equipment, with 8309 at the lead, and Pullman Superliner 1 # 31047 as the 1st class car.

Jeff Trimble, Ventura

Date: 11/22/00 20:47
and it keeps banging
Author: pismobum

(crossposted from headsupcoastfans)

all kinds of problems on Metrolink

The ILCBR went in to emergency somewhere near Taylor Yard...they are trying to figure out what happened.....Metrolink 220 is stopped until they clear it up.

The Gemco Hauler (LOH35) set out an engine on the way to Van Nuys....and now Metrolink is telling them to back up and pick the engine back up because it
isnt "protected".    I guess they set it out on a derail track
somewhere....The Gemco Hauler crew is hollering back saying someone left a tie tamper on another track they were going to use.

karldotcom

Date: 11/23/00 12:48
yet more banging
Author: Annie

Capitol 733 last nite (night before thanksgiving) was stopped
N. of Richmond by spotted freight cars - switch crew had failed to
spot cars far enough into siding to clear the fouling detector.

The conductor was way grumpy, too..

Date: 11/23/00 17:37
RE: yet more banging
Author: Genesis

Was there any problems with the Starlight?

Date: 11/23/00 18:25
RE: yet more banging
Author: proamtrak

I bet 14 and 11 made it through alright, and I beleive 14 is still running on time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds