Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Passenger Trains > Status of Downtown Pomona question?

Date: 11/30/00 08:16
Status of Downtown Pomona question?
Author: John_Pacino

Metrolink's most Scandalized new stop, Downtown Pomona, on the Riverside Line/Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle is soon to be the next shared Amtrak/Metrolink Station. Does anyone know of an exact opening date and when this Interm Rescinsion of Schedule Revision for that line will be lifted?

Pomona was to be Oct. 29, then it became Mid November, (which has not happened yet), and now its the 30th. Is there any reason why they did not say "At this time, there is no expected completion date", that would have been a more honest statement.

As it is, if they continue falsely advertising new station openings, it will create a lawsuit that will be presided by his honor CarlDotCom with a Jury of NE933, PISMOBUM, DAVEFREVELE, INRD_555, Dash9, EDVONNORDECK, STEVEGRANDE, JohnThomas, DavidCurlee, (The guy from Centralia, I don't know his name), Valley Conductor, Acela Conductor, and ConductorSteve, with chief prosecutor Christopher Darden from the Orenthall James Simpson case, and Attorneys Cochrane and Shapiro. Dershowitz as the Bailiff.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FLAME AGAINST METROLINK, IT IS JUST POINTING OUT THAT EVERY TIME THEY STATED AN OPENING DATE, THEY LET SOME OTHER MUCKING WRENCH COME INTO THE PICTURE.

DOES METROLINK SWEAR TO TELL THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE WHOLE TRUTH SO HELP THEM GOD? THAT IS THE QUESTION.

John Pacino in San Luis Obispo

Date: 11/30/00 10:59
RE: Status of Downtown Pomona question?
Author: jst3751

If I am correct, it has something to do with contractor problems with the elevators for the overcrossing. As they cannot open the station with out working elevators, (can you say lawsuit by every disabled community in America) as soon as they are finished, it will be opened.
I was by there about a week ago and everything looks ready execpt the elevators.

Date: 11/30/00 11:11
Author: MikeRonning

Now they are throwing December 16th around as the opening date, but Farquhar won't advertise it on the site, as it could once again be delayed. Mid-November in the Book I was taught means exactly that and not one day or month later. Apparently Metrolink won't temporarily use the Amtrak Platform on the other side of the fence and the crank lift. They could do that, and when the elevators are ready, switch the trains back over to the south side. There is a problem with that, and it is getting people lulled into using a temporary station and having them used to it, they won't want to switch, thats probably why they pass the platform and do not stop there. I can remember when they bypassed Fullerton Southbound and bused people to Anaheim years ago because of an Elevator Problem on the west side there.

The Suit I am talking about here, is one for False Advertising on their web site, not once but twice. (We know in California, if there is no Bull Garbage being thrown around the proverbial HazelBush, it would not be BingoLand.)

Mike Ronning in San Luis Obispo

Date: 11/30/00 11:12
Author: mundo

Folks remember that METROLINK does not build or open stations.
Its the city involved in this case Pomona, that is responsable and when they say the station is ready, then trains will start stopping.
A new timetable will be printed at that time. Trains will leave Riverside three minutes earlier then now. I have heard mid-January.

Its the elevators that are delaying the new overcrossings at La Sierra and West Corona.

Just for the record, no permission was made for the use of my name in this so called law suit, even if it was in fun. Ed Von Nordeck

Date: 11/30/00 11:26

Maybe Mike John Peter should go look at the Pomona Station.

They need not use the Amtrak platform at all. The Metrolink side is all ready to use, just as is the Amtrak side. The first phase parking will all be on the southside, none on the northside. The elevators would only be used to access the Foothill transit terminal and the Amtrak platform from the southside. This could be done by walking west to Main Street and crossing the tracks. But ADA would not allow this for a transfer between Metrolink and Foothill.

However for legal purposes sure they do not want to open the platform, if the entire project is not accepted.

When the project got started five plus years ago, the idea was that a commute parking lot would be built on the northside, but east of Garey Ave. For sale signs are still on that property.

Just for the record, when the Amtrak side platform was rebuilt, it was not built long enough for the Sunset/Eagle and two stops have to be made. At Pomona the poor Amtrak passenger gets confused. One sign says Amtrak this way. You get to the gate and a sign says no trespassing!?

Ed Von Nordeck

Date: 11/30/00 13:29

That was a Jury appointment, ED.

Carl Dot Com would be the Judge.

Francisco has stated 12/16 is the first official date of the station, however, thats a special events train, and is not a revenue run.

On 11/21 we had a stalled freight sitting on the Amtrak side, so we used the Metrolink Side of the station, which has a longer platform.

Date: 11/30/00 13:47
I wanna be the judge
Author: NE933

The court shall address me as the Hon. NE933.

If you want to go really go retro, I can wear a bejeweled crown, a deep purple velvet robe, and have people call me "Your Gracious Excellency".

:+)

Date: 11/30/00 14:30
Keep the bench
Author: superdave

I want a female bailiff with a push up bra, stiletto heels, and garters. I'll be in her chambers.

Date: 11/30/00 14:34
RE: I wanna be the judge

With the hymn "All Hail the Power of Jesus Name, let Angeles Prostrate Fall", to which I am typing this message.

Mike Ronning in San Luis Obispo

Date: 11/30/00 16:32
Author: dash-9

Jury duty again?

Doug

Date: 11/30/00 17:18
Calling in all Amtrak Helicopters
Author: karldotcom

Or HeliCelas as we call them at Carlson Marketing....

Date: 11/30/00 17:20
RE: Calling in all Amtrak Helicopters
Author: dash-9

AMAIRS.

Doug

Date: 11/30/00 21:42
RE: Status of Downtown Pomona Dec 1

Dec 16 is the day that the Holiday train vists Pomona downtown.Due
Due at 7 PM.

Date: 12/01/00 18:05
RE: Calling in all Amtrak Helicopters
Author: Crashela

karldotcom wrote:
>
> Or HeliCelas as we call them at Carlson Marketing....

And my version would be what, CrasHelis ???

Crashela
For better crashing enjoyment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0748 seconds