Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Passenger Trains > Fatality at Elizabeth Snarls Northeast Corridor

Date: 11/30/00 18:16
Fatality at Elizabeth Snarls Northeast Corridor
Author: GenePoon

Following is a report from a New York area commuter; I have seen no news reports yet:

All NEC Traffic is being delayed 45 minutes to an hour in both directions due to a fatality at Elizabeth NJ. I was on (Clocker) 653 tonight and we were held at NWK for a while, then brought b\down to HUNTER where we passed at least three NJT Trains..We were then moved from Track 3 to Track 4 and proceeded at nor more than 5 miles an hour until the engine reached the east end of Elizabeth station platform where we stopped. We passed an Amtrak train on Track 3
sitting just east of the station facing the normal direction and immeadiately next to that was another Amtrak train on Track 2 parralell, rear end to front end.

We then proceeded thru the station at 5 MPH and I did see the body bag lying between Tracks 2 & 3. After we rounded the west end of the "S" curve we picked up speed and traveled down Track 4 to Rahway where we then switched to Track 3 and resumed normal operation. After leaving Elizabeth we passed at least 5 to 6 Amtrak and NJT trains at various portions of Tracks A, 1 & 2 stopped.

Arrival at PJC was 6:15PM, about 45 minutes late.

Date: 12/02/00 23:53
RE: Fatality at Elizabeth Snarls Northeast Corrido
Author: proamtrak

Hey the Giants Charter Train struck a suicide person today too, tied up the corridor for a half hour. Sucks people are stupid like that, especially the suicide who waved at the train heading towards him and all the engineer can do is hit the brakes and hang on!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0259 seconds