Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Passenger Trains > NEC Snaps


Date: 10/05/19 15:35
NEC Snaps
Author: overniteman

Had a noon dental appointment today. The only good part of this is that the dentist office is very close to the Northeast Corridor. So the camera came along.

When I got through being tormented, the sun was good for Westbounds (Southbounds) only. Here's a few.

New Jersey Transit Bombardier ALP-46 4644 ducks under the signal bridge at milepost 28. Most of the NJT trains coming out of NYP were about 10  mins. late.

Edison, New Jersey. 
 




Date: 10/05/19 15:38
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: overniteman

Pulling into the station is this long set of "Arrow III's". 

Edison, New Jersey.




Date: 10/05/19 15:40
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: overniteman

The first built Siemans ACS-64, the "David L Gunn" 600 rips thru.

Edison, New Jersey.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/19 15:49 by overniteman.




Date: 10/05/19 15:42
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: overniteman

Amtrak Acela 2008.

Edison, New Jersey.




Date: 10/05/19 15:43
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: overniteman

And finally what looks to be a Florida train behind Siemans ACS-64 602.

Edison, New Jersey.




Date: 10/05/19 17:08
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: boejoe

I understand NJT has unveiled some re-painted locos in Heritage schemes.  One Sprinter type in PRR Tuscan red and five stripes will probably appear on the NEC sometime soon.



Date: 10/05/19 17:22
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: Passfanatic

Great shots! As others have mentioned, you know that NJT is still going through their equipment shortage when there are Arrow III sets on their NEC trains on weekends. Enjoy those Arrow IIIs while they are around. I believe within two to three years, they are going to be retired. I'm glad that you got the class leader of the Amtrak Sprinters. I saw the 600 in Boston last Tuesday.



Date: 10/05/19 17:44
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: King_Coal

Time well spent. Thanks for sharing these.



Date: 10/05/19 20:17
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: jp1822

overniteman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And finally what looks to be a Florida train
> behind Siemans ACS-64 602.
>
> Edison, New Jersey.

I think this is the Crescent isn't it? Silver Star doesn't have a VIewliner Sleeper Lounge, which this consist has. The Silver Meteor has three Viewliner's which this train is one sleeper short of. Course I am also surprised that the consist ONLY has two Amfleet II's? The business between NYP and Atlanta, NYP to Charlottesville, and WAS to Atlanta was extremely strong. Seems like the coaches are light.........



Date: 10/05/19 21:22
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: RNinRVR

Saw some pictures on Facebook of the PRR as well as an EL and CNJ painted units.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/19 21:31 by RNinRVR.



Date: 10/06/19 05:20
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: dcfbalcoS1

      Yes, tormented is one way of putting it. I suppose it is better than it was 60 years ago but not by much. Dentistry work that is.
 



Date: 10/06/19 08:49
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: chess

jp1822 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> overniteman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And finally what looks to be a Florida train
> > behind Siemans ACS-64 602.
> >
> > Edison, New Jersey.
>
> I think this is the Crescent isn't it? Silver Star
> doesn't have a VIewliner Sleeper Lounge, which
> this consist has. The Silver Meteor has three
> Viewliner's which this train is one sleeper short
> of. Course I am also surprised that the consist
> ONLY has two Amfleet II's? The business between
> NYP and Atlanta, NYP to Charlottesville, and WAS
> to Atlanta was extremely strong. Seems like the
> coaches are light.......
I count 3 Amfleet coaches and a lounge car. This is the Crescent, and this train no longer carries a business class car, which of course in the Crescent's case was only an Amfleet coach....



Date: 10/06/19 10:18
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: jp1822

chess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jp1822 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > overniteman Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > And finally what looks to be a Florida train
> > > behind Siemans ACS-64 602.
> > >
> > > Edison, New Jersey.
> >
> > I think this is the Crescent isn't it? Silver
> Star
> > doesn't have a VIewliner Sleeper Lounge, which
> > this consist has. The Silver Meteor has three
> > Viewliner's which this train is one sleeper
> short
> > of. Course I am also surprised that the consist
> > ONLY has two Amfleet II's? The business between
> > NYP and Atlanta, NYP to Charlottesville, and
> WAS
> > to Atlanta was extremely strong. Seems like the
> > coaches are light.......
> I count 3 Amfleet coaches and a lounge car. This
> is the Crescent, and this train no longer carries
> a business class car, which of course in the
> Crescent's case was only an Amfleet coach....

Yes, sorry - three Amfleet II coaches... I made a typo on that. Again, that still seems "short" to me from what was a couple years ago. I would think think train needs at least four AMfleet II coaches between NYP and Atlanta, even off peak. Virginia service is even strong for the Crescent (to Richmond, Charlottesville, Lynchburg) - or at least it was. I took this train regularly between NYP and Lynchburg at one time (had monthly business to attend to in the area). Often times I booked a sleeper cause the coaches were full, or vice versa. I would always try to extend my work day coming out of NYC by taking a "day room" per say in the sleeper from NYP to Lynchburg, There were very few times that someone would not be boarding in Lynchburg or couple stations further south for an overnight to either Atlanta or even south of Atlanta. Got to know the sleeping car attendants well and I tried to get the room ready ahead of time so they could come in quickly to flip it after I got off. 



Date: 10/06/19 11:41
Re: NEC Snaps
Author: chess

The Crescent's consist has been pretty much the same for a few years now. Even during the holidays it might gain an extra coach, but that's it. Been on this train back and forth to Charlottesville, VA alot and this seems to be the regular. Don't forget, the regional train carries most of the CVS and LYH passengers, but you're right, 19/20 have quite a few for these stops as well.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0649 seconds