Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Passenger Trains > going to dallas there are 2 stations

Date: 10/16/19 18:16
going to dallas there are 2 stations
Author: steamboat

why are there 2 amtrak stations in dallas texes. witch one has a agent and is closest to bowman northeast of dallas

Date: 10/16/19 18:19
Re: going to dallas there are 2 stations
Author: GenePoon

There aren't two AMTRAK stations in Dallas, Texas.  The nearest Amtrak station east of Dallas is Mineola which is 79 miles away.

Dallas has commuter rail, perhaps you are referring to one of their stations.

Date: 10/16/19 18:42
Author: steve4031

Use the code DaL. The other one is for the greyhound bus station. There is only one train station in Dallas.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/16/19 19:29
Author: WrongWayMurphy

There is one in Dallas and one in Fort Worth.  Though the two cities could not be more different
from one another, they have grown together to form one big blob of a city.  The growth of both 
cities has been phenomenal.  But yes, only one Amtrak stop in Dallas, at Dallas Union Terminal.

Once at Dallas Union Terminal, one can hop on a DART light rail vehicle and take off in various directions.

I grew up in Dallas, lived there 55 years until I moved to East Texas 7 years ago, and have not heard of a 
place called Bowman in the Dallas area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/19 19:32 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 10/16/19 19:31
Author: mundo

This problem comes up all the time, when folks look at a station that also have the bus service.
Often wonder how many folks get routed wrong.

Try Palm Springs CA as one example,   Three are shown, but Sunset uses North Palm Springs.

Date: 10/16/19 20:21
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

https://goo.gl/maps/8CiH31jEsgkZGQdX6

AmtrakUnion Station400 S Houston St, Dallas, TX 75202

My computer can't find Bowman, TX but did find a Bowman Cemetery and Bowman VFD in TX northwest of Dallas.

Date: 10/16/19 21:55
Re: going to Dallas there are 2 stations
Author: steamboat

thank you everyone for this great information

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0665 seconds