Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Passenger Trains > Police thwart possible SMART suicide.

Date: 12/03/19 08:46
Police thwart possible SMART suicide.
Author: GenePoon

Monday night Nov. 2, Rohnert Park Police received a call regarding a possible suicidal subject. She had been depressed and expressed suicidal thoughts. The reporting party mentioned the possibility that the mechanism for a planned suicide could be a SMART train.

Dispatchers contacted SMART which ordered a nearby train to slow to Restricted Speed while officers searched the area near the grade crossing which has been the location of several suicides. The description of the subject's car was broadcast to officers, who located it at a gas station adjacent to the grade crossing. SMART then ordered the train stopped.

Officers located the subject near the tracks and secured her safely. The SMART train rolled on without further incident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/19 08:47 by GenePoon.

Date: 12/03/19 10:17
Re: Police thwart possible SMART suicide.
Author: hoggerdoug

Now that was smart and perhaps saved someone life. "Hear something, see something" report it.
Doug

Date: 12/03/19 15:56
Author: dcfbalcoS1

And then do it all over again UNLESS they find out the problem with the person and put a stop to it.

Date: 12/04/19 07:42
Author: GenePoon

Hold on suicidal or mentally ill subjects who are a danger to themselves or others is 72 hours unless committed by qualified medical personnel or legally responsible adult. Check back starting Friday...

Date: 12/04/19 10:06
Author: coach

Trains are like modern day guillotines--people think it will be fast and painless, it seems.

Date: 12/04/19 18:50
Author: justalurker66

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trains are like modern day guillotines--people think it will be fast and painless, it seems.

Most of the ones I hear about are "blunt force trama" letting the mass of the train hitting them do the job, But I have heard of a few that chose to be sliced by the train. It is a horrible idea that anyone would choose to put themselves to death by train - but when I get my hopes up that a fatality was stupidity and not an intentional act I usually see evidence of intent.

Date: 12/08/19 19:52
Author: ProAmtrak

And the worst part are the nightmares engineers live with for the rest of their lives!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds