Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Passenger Trains > Two Days, Two Late Builders From Chicago

Date: 01/20/20 23:18
Two Days, Two Late Builders From Chicago
Author: sethamtrak

1/20/20 we see Amtrak 7 in Glenview, departed Chicago 1 hour and 15 minutes late on account of mechanical problems. Note the extra baggage car on the rear subbing for a bad ordered coach/baggage car for the portland section. All the lost time has been made up at the time I type this. 

1/21/20 - Day two in Glenview at 2:40pm Canadian Pacific train 689 running via A5 in train 7's slot. (too many videos for TO) Train 337 was not included either, next we see Amtrak 7. In a similar fashion as the say before, it left Chicago 1 hour and 30 minutes late due to mechanical reasons. In the clip you will see it met train 338 (4:01 into GLN) coming to a stop just after 4pm. a 30+ minute run from Union Station to Glenview with no Metra in it's path. Hopefully it will make up time tomorrow. 

I hope at the time I am typing this post right now, that tomorrows 7 is being inspected and defects are found tonight and not tomorrow when it's almost time to roll west. Lets not have a 3rd day streak. 

Seth- 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/21/20 14:20
Re: Two Days, Two Late Builders From Chicago
Author: Peak45068

Do you know roughly when they drop back down to two units? Mid/end of March?

Cheers

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/21/20 21:52
Author: sethamtrak

Not sure, however todays Number 7 only had two units. 

Seth- 

Date: 01/22/20 02:42
Author: jp1822

First video - instead of a Superliner Trans Dorm/Sleeper upfront, train set has a full Superliner sleeper in its place........They should be selling space in the car, so hopefully an extra advantage......

Second video - sleeper car is dead-heading upfront..........

Interesting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds