Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Passenger Trains > New California High Speed Rail Business Plan


Date: 02/12/20 18:02
New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: dwatry

California High Speed Rail today posted their new Draft Business Plan, with photos of the construction underway in the Central Valley.  It can be found here on their website:

https://hsr.ca.gov/about/business_plans/2020/



Date: 02/12/20 19:00
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: icancmp193

Love the cartoons!

TJY



Date: 02/12/20 19:13
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: ts1457

Interesting (not really). The Plan does mention cooperation with Virgin Trains.



 



Date: 02/12/20 21:20
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: czuleget

They are taking a bout new rider ship esst. from Bakersfield to Merced at 4 million a year in the old est.  The new Estimate in the new plan is 8 million by the same period 2029,
I say fat chance. 



Date: 02/13/20 07:28
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: mbutte

From page 15:

In 2022:

"Virgin Trains USA could have approximately 130-miles of high-speed rail in Southern California under construction presenting the first evidence of private sector participation in the construction and operation of electrified high-speed rail in California;

and

The Authority is actively collaborating with Virgin Trains USA on potential strategies on interoperability and expansion of electrified high-speed rail infrastructure south from Palmdale to Los Angeles/Anaheim."

Also see pages 95 - 97!




Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/20 07:51 by mbutte.



Date: 02/13/20 08:18
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: jcaestecker

czuleget Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are taking a bout new rider ship esst. from
> Bakersfield to Merced at 4 million a year in the
> old est.  The new Estimate in the new plan is 8
> million by the same period 2029,
> I say fat chance. 

More of the same "Blue Sky" promises that the state is asking the suckers, we Calif. taxpayers, to swallow.  If you think their numbers are believable, please think again.  

-John 



Date: 02/13/20 08:24
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: Duna

czuleget Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are taking a bout new rider ship esst. from
> Bakersfield to Merced at 4 million a year in the
> old est.  The new Estimate in the new plan is 8
> million by the same period 2029,
> I say fat chance. 


If you're going to lie, lie big.

Why not?



Date: 02/13/20 16:00
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: GenePoon

Duna Wrote:

> If you're going to lie, lie big.
>
> Why not?
=========================

"...in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie..."

— Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X



Date: 02/14/20 06:19
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: choodude

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Duna Wrote:
>
> > If you're going to lie, lie big.
> >
> > Why not?
> =========================
>
> "...in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie..."
>
> — Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X


Tax cuts will pay for themselves.

Brian

 



Date: 02/14/20 09:42
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: ts1457

I am thinking that the real, undocumented, new business plan is:

- keep building until the money runs out

- sell the pieces to VT/SoftBank for pennies on the dollar



Date: 02/14/20 10:17
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: Duna

ts1457 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am thinking that the real, undocumented, new
> business plan is:
>
> - keep building until the money runs out
>
> - sell the pieces to VT/SoftBank for pennies on
> the dollar



That way, everyone who matters wins.

Rinse, repeat...



Date: 02/15/20 21:10
Re: New California High Speed Rail Business Plan
Author: cchan006

ts1457 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting (not really). The Plan does mention
> cooperation with Virgin Trains.

It's not a business plan, Just another political document.

The construction packages haven't changed since I read the documents on the CA HSR web site few years ago. No plan beyond Wasco still, so it won't even make it to Bakersfield yet.

I guess Virgin Trains had to be mentioned to keep things "current." They can "cooperate" all they want.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds