Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Passenger Trains > Today's #6

Date: 02/23/20 13:52
Today's #6
Author: twjurgens

AMT 14, 4628, and 4632 were leading today's #6 in these 3 shots taken at Lincoln, NE.  4628 was damaged in a collision with a cement truck while leading #5 in Nevada last Thursday or it would have been leading today.   

That's our very own wpjones getting some going away shots to the left of the engine in the first view.

The third shot shows that duct tape (and in this case, some blue tarp) can fix almost anything, at least temporarily!

(more)

Date: 02/23/20 13:54
Re: Today's #6

I was able to leap frog the train while it was doing the Lincoln station stop and got these last 2 shots at Greenwood.  That leap frogging thing doesn't always work but it will most of the time.

Date: 02/23/20 14:14
Author: mopac1978

Good shots, Tom!  Here's one a little farther down the pike, just east of Chalco in western La Vista.

Date: 02/23/20 14:55

Nice shot!

Date: 02/23/20 15:25
Author: Copy19

Good catch. I have been following this train on my I-Pad from my kitchen table since it hit the cement truck out in my old stomping grounds in Nevada. Interestingly the three TV stations in Reno covered the crash but my former employer the Reno-Gazette Journal never had a word.  I think the newspaper, much slimmed down since my days there 1968-1977 was overwhelmed by all the big name politicians in town for the Democratic caucus.

JB - Omaha

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/20 15:28 by Copy19.

Date: 02/23/20 18:19
Author: atsf121

Nice photos, I wondered how it was going to be sent back so thanks for the photos. Who is responsible for the repairs since this was a “borrowed” state unit? I know they’ll go after the truck (and their insurance), but was curious as to who manages the repairs and who will actually do them. I saw on another thread the Seimen’s doesn’t have the space with all the new units in order.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/23/20 21:16
Author: bmarti7

Excellent coverage Tom. Thanks!

BB

Date: 02/24/20 01:12
Author: Evan_Werkema

atsf121 Wrote:

> I know they’ll go
> after the truck (and their insurance), but was
> curious as to who manages the repairs and who will
> actually do them.

Looks like they hired Red Green to do the job...

Date: 02/24/20 10:35
Author: PHall

Was the damaged unit working or was it Dead in Consist?

Date: 02/24/20 11:04
Author: dan

lead unit maybe isolated, allowing the test to go in for one last trip, doubt IDOT is happy and wanting to cough up another

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.05 seconds