Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Passenger Trains > No. 11 stopped by detector

Date: 03/29/01 10:53
No. 11 stopped by detector
Author: johnwvan

Number 11 tripped the hot box detector at Auburn, and stopped on the outskirts of Sumner this morning. I don't believe they found anything. Kind of unique to see a guy in white shirt and tie walking the ballast. Power is AMTK 115 and AMTK 816.

Date: 03/29/01 15:30
RE: No. 11 stopped by detector
Author: Frisco

Yep it was axle 54 right side for hot box. The trainmen didn't find anything. And we didn't trip another detector the rest of the way into PDX.

Date: 03/29/01 16:15
Author: jdb

Axle 54, right side got it again at mp710. Running maybe 15-20 min late now. This detector gets AMTRAK every now and then.

Date: 03/29/01 16:37
Author: amtrak34east

Axle 54 would be the rear coach i assume....i hope nothing happens as the result since it has now tripped 2 detectors....i can just imagine 26.4x alarming " BNSF Detector Milepost Two Six point Four X Main One YOU HAVE A DEFECT". It was kinda funny hearing the 4449 tripping Chehalis at MP 57.9 then again at 4.6x with multiple alarms...hehehehe
Drew Mitchem, MP 54 BNSF Seattle Sub, Centralia, WA(CTL)

Date: 03/29/01 18:29
Author: Duuuuh

assuming they are only false alarms, then #11 should not be more than 6 - 8 hours late into LA tomorrow, correct?

Date: 03/29/01 19:19
RE: Auburn, not the Calif. one?
Author: scott

Is there an Auburn in Oregon or Washington? Train 5, 6 goes through Auburn Calif.

Date: 03/29/01 19:55

Yes and yes.

Auburn, WA is maybe 20 miles south of Seattle, population 35,000 plus. On the north south BNSF line and the line over Stampede starts (or ends) here.

Auburn, OR is in eastern Oregon about 10 miles SW from Baker. It was started after a gold discovery and was probably named by miners from Auburn, CA. The first street was from Freezeout gulch to Blue canon. Note spelling, not Blue Canyon like near Auburn, CA.

Date: 03/30/01 02:39
Author: lilchico

Thank you for clearing that up, jdb. I was reading these posts thinking, train #11 doesn't through Auburn (CA. that is) and if it was #11 getting into Portland, then somebody was going the WRONG way. I didn't know there was a Auburn, OR. Guess you learn something new everyday.

Date: 03/30/01 07:41
Frisco and jdb
Author: scott

Two things:

jdb, Actually here in California it is spelled blue canon with the spanish twist over the "n" even the Altamont timetable spells it that way, so your surmise is probably correct.

The train number 11 JUST (730 am friday) got nailed by the Elverta detector at MP148.0 west rail axle #54, this puts it on the same side, same axle as the first post. Is this the same trainset though?

Funny, it cleared the 161 detector at Pleasant Grove.

Date: 03/30/01 08:13
RE: Frisco and jdb

scott

D@%n! I knew that. I was reading from an Oregon Geographic names book and nobody here knows there is a difference. A DeLorme map of Oregon spells it Blue Canyon also. I've been to Blue Canon, CA many times. I think Auburn, OR probably has fewer stores than Blue Canon, CA. ha!

That is the same train and it keeps slipping time. An Amtrak trace shows it "one" hour late into Sacramento and it isn't there yet.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds