Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Passenger Trains > Guidelines Extended

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 03/29/20 18:02
Guidelines Extended
Author: co614

The Feds announced tonight that the Federal Guidelines are being extended to April 30th. Dr. Fauci in an interview on CNN said he thinks we will need to maintain social isolation until at least June 30th. and very possibly longer.

My WAG is that we'll be on lockdown until well into the fall and perhaps longer as until we can rapid test everyone we're flying blind. 

IMHO-Ross Rowland 

Date: 03/29/20 18:08
Re: Guidelines Extended
Author: viatrainrider

Believe the April 30 date is mecessary.

Date: 03/29/20 18:17
Author: PC1974

Ross, Agreed... Anderson hinted to the troops on Friday that same expectation and that a further bailout by the Feds would be likely...

Date: 03/29/20 19:58
Author: P

co614 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Feds announced tonight that the Federal
> Guidelines are being extended to April 30th. Dr.
> Fauci in an interview on CNN said he thinks we
> will need to maintain social isolation until at
> least June 30th. and very possibly longer.
>
>    My WAG is that we'll be on lockdown until
> well into the fall and perhaps longer as until we
> can rapid test everyone we're flying blind. 
>
>    IMHO-Ross Rowland 

This country will collapse if that is allowed to happen.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/30/20 00:26
Author: Spongebob-Trainguy

Welcome to dystopia. Please check your civil liberties and prosperity at the door. The government solemnly vows to return these to you when the crisis is over.

Date: 03/30/20 02:20
Author: MaryMcPherson

Spongebob-Trainguy Wrote:
> Welcome to dystopia. Please check your civil
> liberties and prosperity at the door. The
> government solemnly vows to return these to you
> when the crisis is over.

Screw the body count.  Stick it to the man!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 03/30/20 04:29
Author: lordsigma

I am not sure the nation will ever recover if a complete lock down must last that long (far into the summer or fall) and the government cannot just keep bailing out endlessly. Everyone should follow the guidelines over the next 30 day period. The more people follow them, the less time will be required.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/30/20 04:42
Author: DJ-12

Anyone following what has happened elsewhere and now in New York and other population centers should not be surprised by this timeline. China essentially had 3 months of a much more rigorous quarantine. Our country has a much stronger sense of independence and individualism, so getting people to follow the guidelines is going to be a lot harder. That’s going to have the impact of making this really drag on.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/30/20 05:56
Author: masterphots

co614 Wrote:
> The Feds announced tonight that the Federal
> Guidelines are being extended to April 30th. Dr.
> Fauci in an interview on CNN said he thinks we
> will need to maintain social isolation until at
> least June 30th. and very possibly longer.
>
>    My WAG is that we'll be on lockdown until
> well into the fall and perhaps longer as until we
> can rapid test everyone we're flying blind. 
>
>    IMHO-Ross Rowland 

I agree and the sooner we take the lock down seriously the better off our outcome will be.   The economy will take second place to human life and if it takes a few years to recover so be it.  Can we really accept the potential loss of a few million souls if we do nothing and 'open up' in the next few weeks?   That's not what this great country is about.  I shudder to think about what's in store in coming months for India, Africa and places like Mexico and Brazil where business is as usual.   Many of these countries don't even have means for people to wash their hands,  let along medical care and supplies.   China and South Korea have both shown what a serious lock down can do to slow and eventually stop new infections.   Now the question is whether it will come back,  as happened in 1918-19 when there were three separate waves of the Spanish Flu.  Wishing everyone and their loved ones to be safe and stay healthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/20 05:57 by masterphots.

Date: 03/30/20 05:57
Author: co614

DJ-12 is right. Our challenge is that we don't have a Chinese type system wherein the central gov't can effectively isolate a huge city and its surrounding counties over night and make it stick. We're far too independent minded to come anywhere close to that. 

You need to respect 2 key things. 1. This virrus is extremely contagious and spreads rapidly and we now know can live on hard surfaces for weeks. One infected person ( with zero symptons) can easily infect 50 more over a weeks time and each of those 50 can infect 50 more each and pretty soon you're in the tens of thousands.. 2. Until we can rapid test Americans by the millions ( best case scenario is for a 5 minute test to be available nationwide by Oct.) we will continue to be flying blind with the disease continuing to spread far and wide. 

My WAG is that realisticly we will be in isolation mode until at least Oct.-Nov. and then come out very slowly as testing allows. Hopefully by spring 2021 we will have a proven vaccine available nationwide and then we can begin a real return to normal.

I think all of our rail preservation groups need to get on a battle plan based on being shut down until summer 2021.

Plan for the worst...pray for the best.

Imho-Ross Rowland 

Date: 03/30/20 06:16
Author: restricted_speed

Spongebob-Trainguy Wrote:
> Welcome to dystopia. Please check your civil
> liberties and prosperity at the door. The
> government solemnly vows to return these to you
> when the crisis is over.

You cannot be serious.

Date: 03/30/20 07:04
Author: joemvcnj

Wait until it spreads big-time through mid-America.
The pattern is that it simmers along at a low pace for about a month, then shoots up, and only with social distancing and travel restriction can it peak after 2 or 3 months. It has just hit Detroit like that, Chicago is next. 

While NYS as a whole will not apex for 2 - 3 weeks, drilling down to counties, Westchester, where it hit first, may have peeked, the NYS curve is not going up as intensely because of it, but Cattaragus County in western NY has yet to be hit, though not many people live there. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/20 07:08 by joemvcnj.

Date: 03/30/20 07:14
Author: toledopatch

restricted_speed Wrote:
> Spongebob-Trainguy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Welcome to dystopia. Please check your civil
> > liberties and prosperity at the door. The
> > government solemnly vows to return these to you
> > when the crisis is over.
>
> You cannot be serious.

People like this are WHY it's going to drag on for months.

Date: 03/30/20 08:49
Author: MaryMcPherson

toledopatch Wrote:
> restricted_speed Wrote:
> -----
> > Spongebob-Trainguy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Welcome to dystopia. Please check your civil
> > > liberties and prosperity at the door. The
> > > government solemnly vows to return these to
> you
> > > when the crisis is over.
> >
> > You cannot be serious.
>
> People like this are WHY it's going to drag on for
> months.
>  

BINGO!!!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 03/30/20 09:03
Author: Valleyman

Just hearing now that back in early January the Chinese Government reported 3800 deaths in Wuhan. When in fact it was closer to 40,000 deaths. Will probably never know the true number. Then, over the weekend Spain had received a shipment of 650,000 test kits! Turns out only 30% of them were giving accurate results. They were all sent back to China where they were manufactured. It’s taken the World Health Organization weeks to be allowed into China, so they could study the epicenter or where Covid-19 originated. China had to completely lock down all the citizens in Wuhan to stop the speared of the virus in late January through February. People that ignored the shelter in place order, had there doors locked from the outside. Approximately 14 days of total isolation allows the virus to die off. Only people that showed signs of the virus, were taken out there homes to a hospital. Not sure will get that same response here in the US to people being forced indoors? However, if we did lockdown back when Washington State and New York began to see there first cases. It would probably already be over in US weeks ago. Then all that would be needed, is tighter control on people coming to the US from other parts of the world. So it’s not reintroduced. That’s what China is battling now! Reintroduction.

On KCRA TV out of Sacramento, CA (Saturday 3/28 6:30pm - 7:30pm) they had a special on the Covid-19, where they featured a Toaster sized test kit that gives a positive result of the virus in 5 minutes and a negative result in 7 minutes. Made by a Bay Area Company. Not sure how soon these devices can be massed produced. But once distributing begins, people can be tested before they board planes, buildings and trains.

Valleyman

Date: 03/30/20 09:06
Author: Lackawanna484

I'm amazed at the number of folks who are not up-to-date on basic issues like how epidemics spread, etc.

As somebody who was a young adult in the "age of AIDS", it resembles a lot of the commentary then. Won't happen to me, I'm selective in partners, only happens to gay people, only a big city thing, etc.

Didn't work out well for a decade or more.

Date: 03/30/20 09:08
Author: goneon66

i am amazed at the number of folks who haven't read God's Word.  yea, the Bible.

it's comforting during these times...........

Date: 03/30/20 09:10
Author: restricted_speed

Valleyman Wrote:
> Approximately 14 days of total isolation
> allows the virus to die off. ...if we did lockdown back when
> Washington State and New York began to see there
> first cases. It would probably already be over in
> US weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure none of the above is true.

The virus does not die off.  Isolating just slows down the spread of it.  My understanding is that most of us are going to contract this virus at some point.

The hope is to slow the exposure during this first wave.  Later hopefully there will be treatment(s) available to mitigate and eventually a vaccine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/20 09:10 by restricted_speed.

Date: 03/30/20 09:40
Author: Typhoon

goneon66 Wrote:
> i am amazed at the number of folks who haven't
> read God's Word.  yea, the Bible.
>
> it's comforting during these times...........
>
> 66

I prefer other works of fiction.

Date: 03/30/20 09:50
Author: pdt

Typhoon Wrote:
> goneon66 Wrote:
> -----
> > i am amazed at the number of folks who haven't
> > read God's Word.  yea, the Bible.
> >
> > it's comforting during these times...........
> >
> > 66
>
> I prefer other works of fiction.
Theres always someone who has to sell their brand of religion to everyone...

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0902 seconds