Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > "Worker At Amtrak Facility In Bear Test Positive For COVID.."

Date: 04/04/20 09:51
"Worker At Amtrak Facility In Bear Test Positive For COVID.."
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

http://firststateupdate.com/2020/04/worker-at-amtrak-facility-in-bear-test-positive-for-covid-19-others-worried/

"...Several people that are familiar with the situation tell First State Update that employees at the Amtrak Mechanical Services facility, located at 258 Scotland Drive. said they were told Thursday morning that an employee tested positive..."

Date: 04/04/20 14:01
Re: "Worker At Amtrak Facility In Bear Test Positive For COVID.."
Author: NormSchultze

Hardly surprising since one can be contaigious without symptoms for 14 days.  And very few tests - unless you are an NBA player !  

Date: 04/04/20 14:15
Author: robj

NormSchultze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hardly surprising since one can be contaigious
> without symptoms for 14 days.  And very few tests
> - unless you are an NBA player !  

Well first is the concept of not having symptom: vs. not recognizing all the symptoms and not realizing you don't need them all,, not will to accept you maybe affected, not willing to admit you had symptoms and went out and infected others anyway which I suspect is a big one.

Then there transmission of people without symptoms, This is a can be, maybe, if you read up on it,  not documented, unless someone has an actual cite?  This is more an assumption due to a lack of knowledge as to how the virus spreads.

Bob

Date: 04/04/20 16:56
Author: dcfbalcoS1

And please tell us what the ' Bear Test' is. If positive, does that mean you got it from a bear ?

Date: 04/04/20 17:41
Author: boejoe

dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
>  And please tell us what the ' Bear Test' is. If
> pos itive, does that mean you got it from a bear ?

Bear, as in Bear, Delaware Amtrak facility.  

Date: 04/04/20 22:06
Author: jp1822

SHUT THE COMPANY DOWN!

Date: 04/05/20 20:10
Author: ProAmtrak

jp1822 Wrote:
> SHUT THE COMPANY DOWN!

Why!

Posted from Android

Date: 04/05/20 21:03
Author: jp1822

ProAmtrak Wrote:
> jp1822 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SHUT THE COMPANY DOWN!
>
>
> Why!
>
> Posted from Android

If demand has dried up and nearly ALL the States now have stay at home orders what would you propose? I am surprised Floridians are not protesting for the Auto Train's stoppage. I've heard certain cars with out-of-state plates are now getting pulled over in Florida????  Some are being turned around at the border....

If I could run my business from a cabin in the remoteness of Montana or British Columbia right now - knowing I could get groceries and access to a pharmacy - I probably would! And normally I'd probably take a train to and from, but not these days!

Date: 04/07/20 04:48
Author: Molino

I seem to recall reading years ago that it would take three times as much to start it back up again if it was ever shut down. Don't know how that could be verified without a history to prove it...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds