Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Passenger Trains > PhillyFest 2001: Thank you & further invitatio

Date: 06/07/01 09:20
PhillyFest 2001: Thank you & further invitatio
Author: NJTRANSIT

I must say I am pleasantly surprised at the interest in the PhillyFest railfan gathering I am organizing for July 21, 2001. So far, thanks to the response to my postings on Prodigy's Trains BB and Trainorders, we have 18 interested parties. Twelve are definite, and six tentative. Out of those 18 people, 15 are adults, 3 are children.

The itinerary is shaping up, and will be "final" soon. I use the term loosely, because it is subject to change even at the last minute due to surprise weekend construction projects that SEPTA could throw our way. The AppleFest in March was changed slightly the day before because the MTA changed one of the subway routes that was being diverted to the new 63rd Street tunnel route.

As it stands now, there will be a morning turn through New Jersey, using NJ TRANSIT to Lindenwold, and PATCO back to Philadelphia. Once back in Pennsylvania, we expect to pass through Norristown, Upper Darby, Media, and either Darby or Eastwick depending on which plan we go with.

Plan on about 8 hours of riding trains, with some time "offline" for meals, a visit to the former Reading Terminal Headhouse, possibly also a stop at the Transit Museum. It is anticipated we will be convening at 9 AM, and be finished by 5:45 PM. The start and end location will be 30th Street Station, on the 29th Street (east) side of the center information desk. However you can feel free to either join us later, or leave the group earlier if needed.

We have a couple of people coming from as far away as Ohio and Connecticut, who will be staying either in town on in the suburbs in hotels. If you are from out of the area and would like to stay overnight, let me know at the e-mail address below and either I or one of the Philly-area participants can assist you in finding affordable accomodations.

You can follow along on the progress of planning the PhillyFest, as well as the ever-increasing participant list, and other bits of information, at my webpage: http://pages.prodigy.net/kevinkorell/phillyfest/home.htm

We still have 6 weeks to go. If you would like to join us, please e-mail me at KEVINKORELL@prodigy.net , and let me know if you can definitely or tentatively attend, and whether you're bringing anyone else along.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds