Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Passenger Trains > BrightLine / FEC update 7/4/2020

Date: 07/04/20 14:12
BrightLine / FEC update 7/4/2020
Author: Lackawanna484

Florida East Coast and contractors have been busy in the section South of Stuart to Jupiter. That is to be developed into two main tracks for BrightLine. It was two main tracks into the early 1980s, I believe.

Crossings have been widened at Bridge, Osprey, Riptide, Gleason, and Pettway in Hobe Sound. Gates and lights relocated, or new bases built. Also in progress at Fruita, Cove, etc. Large crossing pads on site for the new track.

There's been a lot of progress in the last few weeks. Big CAT and little Kubota equipment between miles 275 and 260 or so.

There has been work underway at Loxahatchee bridge in Jupiter, I may get down there next week.

The right of way and sub base work is underway in Hobe Sound. The new track will be on the west side of the current track in this area.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/04/20 14:41
Re: BrightLine / FEC update 7/4/2020
Author: mundo

Than ks for the news

Date: 07/04/20 15:51
Author: GenePoon

I can't help thinking, if this were an Amtrak project, there would have been ordered thousands of cars of crossties, thousands of cars of ballast, eighty "new" managers hired, and three spades of dirt moved.

Date: 07/04/20 17:11
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks

In this section, from Jensen to Tequesta, there are probably 10 different jobs underway. Contracts for a half dozen small bridges have been offered, etc.

Lots of guys are working real jobs. I would hope to see right of way foundation from Camp Murphy to Fruita in the next few weeks.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/04/20 17:38
Author: BruceStikkers

I visited my son last January and saw all the work they were doing from Orlando to the space coast. I compare that to our Ilinois project on the Chicago-St. Louis line that was started by Obama in 2008 for speeding up trains and to date the schedule is no better than it was before the project started and 40 years earlier. I hope Virgin/Brightline is successful on their line in Florida and out west.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

Date: 07/04/20 17:47
Author: cabsignaldrop

Hahahah BINGO!

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't help thinking, if this were an Amtrak
> project, there would have been ordered thousands
> of cars of crossties, thousands of cars of
> ballast, eighty "new" managers hired, and three
> spades of dirt moved.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds