Home Open Account Help 191 users online

Passenger Trains > LA Union station

Date: 07/17/01 19:56
LA Union station
Author: cajon63

I will be driving up to LA and taking Amtrak for 3 or 4 days.Is there any short term parking around Union Station with reasonable rates? Thanks in advance.

Date: 07/17/01 20:21
RE: LA Union station
Author: OCVarnes

At the end of February I parked my auto in the underground parking area behind LAUS for four days. The entrance is off Vignes St. At the time the cost was $5 per day, and you could park for up to ten days. With prior arrangement, you may park for up to 30 days.

Date: 07/17/01 20:33
Author: JohnThomas

Charles is correct that the underground parking (which is technically part of the MTA corporate facilities) is the best bet. There are two unsheltered lots on the Alameda (front) side of the station, but the cost is double that of the Vignes lot, and it's not covered. Try to park in the Amtrak employee lot and you will be towed.

Date: 07/17/01 22:01
Author: BarryDraper

Another possibility is to park in Glendale and ride either Amtrak or Metrolink to LAUS. There is free parking south of the Glendale station for Amtrak passengers, opps 'guests', that has no limit. Don't park north of the station in the Metrolink lot, that has a ten hour limit. The lot is not secured, but I work near the station, and there has not been much of a problem with vandalism of cars near Glendale station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds